Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have my 'other channels' gone?

Options
  • 10-06-2003 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

For some reason, all of the channels and radio stations I had stored in 'other channels' have disappeared.

Do they automatically disappear after a certain length of time or what?

Also, does my digibox have to be left on standby overnight under the 12-month phone line connection rule, or can I knock off the power?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

The other channels get lost if you have a lot of channels stored. Up to about 20 seems to be stable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I used to have that problem, it doesn't occur when I have less than 40 stored.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sky tend to do Key and SW updates overnight.. So if you want it some mornings to take a few hours to work properly, yes unplug it.

The phone does NOT need to be in all the time. Unplugging phone line during a storm is good.

Unplugging Digibox while away awhile is good too (You can always do a "forced" update when you come back see FAQ).

The "Standby" is a bit of a con, it just turns off the RF modulator and mutes the A/V connectors. Everything else appears to go 100%

Needing more than 20 would be a symptom of needing a non-digibox Satellite Receiver or Satellite PC Card (£59 for one that uses PC SW MPEG decode and no TV out, £170 for one that can use a CAM, has TV out and HW MPEG2 decoder, also Digital Audioa dn Analog audio out, all without using sound card or PC graphics card or CPU overhead).

Advertisement