Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips thread.

Options
  • 01-07-2005 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

I creating this sticky after a suggestion by masterK here. As you can see the suggestion is that you subscribe to this thread and you get an email update when the tipster posts a tip!!

1) Give the post an appropiate title e.g. tip for Ludlow 8.30 Thursday.

2) Make your tip or fancy, and try and give some brief reasoning behind it.

3) Make sure to highlight if it's a tip or a fancy

Great idea masterk and great tipping. Long may it continue.

Hobart.

31 October 2011: Edited to add that seeing as the thread is being dragged way off topic and that some people aren't including a reason behind their tip or fancy, posts which do not conform to the guidelines will be deleted and users infracted. Those who continue to disregard the guidelines, or who insult other users or drag the thread off topic will be banned. If anyone has any problems with a post/users, please report the post rather than taking matters into your own hands.

Remember, this is a thread for everyone, serious punters as well as those who just throw on a few quid for fun, so all are welcome to post in the thread, and nobody will be berated if their selection doesn't win!

Oh, and by the way, all tips/fancies should be posted BEFORE the race.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

'Shoot the Breeze' - don't know how reliable the source is so just gonna do a tenner each way at 6/1, fingers crossed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

sorry if its a bit late. 5.55 gowran park Koukalova 9/4

5.55 - Gowran Park
    1st: 2 Broomfield Lad (IRE) 12-1
    2nd: 15 Snowfox (IRE) 10-1
    3rd: 12 Charlottine (IRE) 14-1
    4th: 13 Glencalry (IRE) 14-1

sorry guys. dont know what happened there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,761 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Sunday 4:15 Tipp

Mascalucia opened at 8/1 already cut to 11/2.

I work in a bookies and recieved a few hefty bets on it this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

• Advertisement

I'm just gonna put this up here cause it's really short notice...

5.50 Killarney

Banraft was a pretty big tip for a similar race at the weekend, and when leading, ran off to the stables....end of race, end of tip. He's thesame healthy price of 8-1 here and has a jockey on that knows the horse extremely well. Horses that have ran at the weekend, i.e irish blade yesterday, and are returning again quickly are worth a look.

D

An e/w chance

linky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Laoise

If you register on www.hri.ie you can get this weekly preview thing that gives you tips for all the racing on the weekend. Always a few winners on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Ive heard the same piece of info from two different places, so Ill pass it on.

Lightning Affair (3.00 Catterick) is apparently a real contender here.

Ive been told to lay the fav, and have a small bet on Lightning Affair. The money has come for this horse on bf, its price has tumbled from 18 to 11 in the last few minutes, but the fav has not moved and is also heavily backed, which is a worry.

You might want to keep an eye on further market developments before going in here. Usual disclaimers apply.

Thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=285159

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Here is one for today get on him quick as I reckon odds will plumit
    Layman in the 4.15 at Salisbury

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

TCP/IP wrote:
    Here is one for today get on him quick as I reckon odds will plumit
    Layman in the 4.15 at Salisbury

why , any reason given ?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

at the moment I reckon he is second fav, its the horses first run of the year so that migght help the odds but a source that only gives me tips every couple of months advsied me so I will pass it on and let people have a shot if they wish

Sarge wrote:
    why , any reason given ?

Its also napped in the racing post today - Racing Post Ratings (leading the naps table in the RP)

Take Layman to confirm promise
    Sam Walker with the days best bets

Login needed for the link

nap
    Layman 4.15 Salisbury
    CONVERTING the best two-year-old form into solid Classic ability is a far from foregone conclusion, and this season has been no exception, with only five of the top 13 European juveniles last year going on to success at the highest level, while another six of that number have failed to win at all.
    Godolphin had the services of four of those top juveniles, with Dubawi and Shamardal proving true to their early promise through Classic wins and both managing to improve on their already impressive RPRs.
    Saeed Bin Suroor still has a strong hand to play this season and, with the yard hitting form and Sheikh Mohammed in confident mood about the remainder of the season, the three-year-olds that have yet to run this year could play a major part in the resurgence.
    Layman fits that particular bill and is fancied to take the totesport Sovereign Stakes (4.15) on his seasonal bow at Salisbury this afternoon.
    With his stablemates Andean and Mamool each producing lifetime best RPRs without the benefit of a run this season, we can expect Layman to be well primed..........

Layman wins at 9-2...well done OP..

Godolphin are a strange bunch at the minute...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭20LEgend

Good tipping TCP, won a tidy amount on that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Thanks TCP, you just paid for a wild weekend!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

5:50 Roscommon
    sorry about the lateness

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement