Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.00 Catterick

Options
  • 02-08-2005 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭

Ive heard the same piece of info from two different places, so Ill pass it on.

Lightning Affair (3.00 Catterick) is apparently a real contender here.

Ive been told to lay the fav, and have a small bet on Lightning Affair. The money has come for this horse on bf, its price has tumbled from 18 to 11 in the last few minutes, but the fav has not moved and is also heavily backed, which is a worry.

You might want to keep an eye on further market developments before going in here. Usual disclaimers apply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

I noticed a thread on the betfair forums about this one too. It could be just a rumour !!

Do you sometimes go by the name of SportOfKings by any chance ? Sometimes when you read the posts on the betfair forums you have to be wary of rampers.

Have you got this from a reliable source ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭the tipster

any good tips here

is this good for tips

scargill wrote:
    I noticed a thread on the betfair forums about this one too. It could be just a rumour !!

Do you sometimes go by the name of SportOfKings by any chance ? Sometimes when you read the posts on the betfair forums you have to be wary of rampers.

Have you got this from a reliable source ?
    is this good for tips

its good for ramps and rumours and general abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

This looks dodgy as hell. Market moves havent materialised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

second.....@10/1

good shout :)

Unlucky. Went 1.04 in running. One for the notebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

aggravation in the 3.15

very unlucky. I didnt see the race but watched the prices on betfair. at 1.04 I thought it had the job done - must have been a very short head in it.

I had it backed at 14.5 for the win and 2.7 for the place, so got my money back. I tried laying it at 2.0 but wasn't quick enough !

• Advertisement

i can get you good tips cause my uncle is a trainer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

blahblah06 wrote:
    aggravation in the 3.15

ive layed Aggreivation and backed Mister CLinton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

CiaranC wrote:
    Unlucky. Went 1.04 in running. One for the notebook.

yeah, was wondering what happened there.. couldn't get to a tv so had to watch it "in running"
    i couldn't believe the sheer volume of trading that goes on in running... how do these people place their bets so quickly?
    my page only refreshes every 10seconds or so, and by the time a bet is placed, the horse could be in a completely different position. i see it as too much of a risk.. are they using different software?

for instance, someone just got £1134 at 95s on the winner of that last race!!

kalani star - 5:30 is supposed to be a very good bet at 9-1

Nick, there are good browser extensions which speed up the refresh rate on bf. Theres also a great one-click trading app out there.

I'll dig out some links for you later.

*edit* Here you go

http://www.gruss.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

get on Flying Spirit in the 4.15 16s - 7s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

That program that speeds up the refresh rate looks good, I also find it very difficult to bet quick enough when the race is in running.

I have SIS on the tv on my desk, which is a couple of seconds ahead of RUK and ATR, which also helps.

Made a few bob laying that one off.

kalani star 5:30

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

CiaranC wrote:
    I have SIS on the tv on my desk, which is a couple of seconds ahead of RUK and ATR, which also helps.

Made a few bob laying that one off.

I presume that costs a bit. I have ATR in the house, and whatever races aren't on the TV, I get the results from the quick results box on ATR, but it can take 10 minutes at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

kalani star - 5:30 is supposed to be a very good bet at 9-1

Could somone with ATR tell me how this goes at catterick. Does me head in waiting for results :D

came second sorry

came second sorry

np, had him e/w

what odds did you get him at

8-1 on paddy power. So a tenner each way and I'm ten bob richer thanks to your good self :D

Advertisement