Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 30/7

Options
  • 30-07-2005 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Galantas should win the maiden at 4:50 in Galway. Priced around 6/4, he was narrowly beaten here on Monday but went down fighting in a 7f maiden. The extra furlong here should suit and he should have too much for the Coolmore-owned newcomer, Ocean Pearl, a filly by Galileo.

In the G1 Nassau Stakes (3:10 Goodwood), Alexander Goldrun is a worthy favourite but I think the 10lbs 3yo allowance gives Something Exciting a big shout. At about 6/1, she's a good each-way proposition. Some more rain would be nice for her, as the current drying ground is bringing back into the reckoning the likes of Red Bloom, Virginia Waters and Hazarista (Oxx doesn't bring them to England for nothing).

In the Steward's Cup (3:45 Goodwood), Dandy Nicholls trains the top two in the market, Gift Horse and Lafi. I think GH will finish the higher of the two but I'm hoping that one of his others takes the win - Merlin's Dancer, at around 18/1, had a nice prep last Sunday after 3 months off and has a great draw in 27 (of 28). Trip, ground and jockey are all fine and I expect him to grab the rail and be in the thick of it at the finish. However, it'll be small stakes on this - it is a 28-runner handicap after all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

im on mineral star in the 2.05 new market in a big way, little word for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Galantas was lucky ;)

One of those loverly days, up quite a bit from various races wins like An Tadh, Gift Horse (k.fallon) Ahdaaf etc. then stuck a nice wedge on 'Panzer' at the 4:45 Newmarket (for no good reason),
    Won at 11/2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Crumbs wrote:
    Galantas should win the maiden at 4:50 in Galway.
    I got him at 6/4 but he won at an SP of 9/10, just beating the Wachman-trained filly that I mentioned earlier. I wouldn't say Galantas was lucky to win. He just outbattled the filly when she came upsides in the straight, although she's certainly one to keep on your side
    Crumbs wrote:
    In the G1 Nassau Stakes (3:10 Goodwood), Alexander Goldrun is a worthy favourite but I think the 10lbs 3yo allowance gives Something Exciting a big shout.
    A disappointing 5th, she really only got going in the last furlong. Good win by AG.
    Crumbs wrote:
    Merlin's Dancer ... I expect him to grab the rail and be in the thick of it at the finish.
    He certainly blazed a trail against the far rail, just like a good pacemaker should do for his stablemate. ;) He did well to hang on and place 4th when he looked absolutely cream-crackered with a furlong to go.

A reasonable day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement