Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 32 transfers. Hot spurs in??

• 10-04-2021 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

So with their DGW Spurs assets will be valuable but how many and who to get in is the question

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

So with their DGW Spurs assets will be valuable but how many and who to get in is the question

Kane a must have, but I guess most already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Earleybird wrote: »
    Kane a must have, but I guess most already have.

Watch Kane hobble off tomorrow and Son score a brace

But, in all seriousness, I feel that if Son does anything positive tomorrow then he'll probably be in most team as well - he's current owned by approx. 50%

Other than that, maybe Lloris worth having, but than just need to be wary that Spurs have blank, so probably two players is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think it's time to buy Lingard then...

KDB to Son
    Gundo to Lingard
    Kane tc

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sanchez didnt play for spurs today. Is he dropped, or rested ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Sterling out, Son in for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thinking either Watkins or Bamford to Nacho, have to decide what to do with KdB as well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It's hard to know how attractive Spurs players will be.

The play Friday & Wednesday with the League Cup Final on Sunday.

Will probably see a nice bit of rotation in the SOU game, particularly in midfield, the full back positions and either Lamela/Moura/Bale starting as the 3rd forward. Kane & Son are probably the only reliable outfielders but will they get more than 60 mins midweek?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Fitz* wrote: »
    It's hard to know how attractive Spurs players will be.

The play Friday & Wednesday with the League Cup Final on Sunday.

Will probably see a nice bit of rotation in the SOU game, particularly in midfield, the full back positions and either Lamela/Moura/Bale starting as the 3rd forward. Kane & Son are probably the only reliable outfielders but will they get more than 60 mins midweek?

I'm happy to ride it out with Kane tbh.

I was looking at a DF but not worth it. Maybe Son but it'll mean 2 transfers unless I take out Salah/Fernandes and not willing to do it.

Honestly, I think dbl GW Spurs is a trap. They've been muck lately and look like a team in turmoil. Happy to have Kane but will leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

Already got rid of Gundogan for Maddison with my free transfer but will probably need to take a hit to get in a defender with Cresswell and Lasceles picking up injuries and Targett facing Man City and Stones possibly rotated. Money is not an issue but its hard to pick a defender who will reliably repay the hit. Maybe Alexander-Arnold or Semedo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭markc91

Any WBA players worth getting in?

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    Sanchez didnt play for spurs today. Is he dropped, or rested ?

I decided to read the last few pages of the Spurs super thread over on the soccer forum to see if it might help me decide what to do with Sanchez

Now I just feel miserable and depressed. God it must be awful being a Spurs fan

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

macraignil wrote: »
    Already got rid of Gundogan for Maddison with my free transfer but will probably need to take a hit to get in a defender with Cresswell and Lasceles picking up injuries and Targett facing Man City and Stones possibly rotated. Money is not an issue but its hard to pick a defender who will reliably repay the hit. Maybe Alexander-Arnold or Semedo.

Are you confident Maddison will play after flouting covid rules last week?

Rodgers also said last Friday that he’s a bit away from his usual level. Of course I didn’t see that info before including him on my wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭daheff

Spurs in awful form at the moment... struggle to want to bring in others than kane (that I already have).

markc91 wrote: »
    Any WBA players worth getting in?

Pereira.

Only 5.3 and on all WBA set pieces.

He's at the heart of how they operate from attacking point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

Are you confident Maddison will play after flouting covid rules last week?

Rodgers also said last Friday that he’s a bit away from his usual level. Of course I didn’t see that info before including him on my wildcard.

I did see an interview with Rodgers where he said the players would now be fully back in the squad after the disciplinary action so hoping for the best. I think they need to shake things up after that performance against West Ham and the Match of the Day commentary were making the point that Maddison really needs to put in some work to secure a place in the England euro2020 team and I think Rodgers might want to tap into that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm happy to ride it out with Kane tbh.

I was looking at a DF but not worth it. Maybe Son but it'll mean 2 transfers unless I take out Salah/Fernandes and not willing to do it.

Honestly, I think dbl GW Spurs is a trap. They've been muck lately and look like a team in turmoil. Happy to have Kane but will leave it at that.

Yeah I'm thinking that it could be a bit of a trap too. I have Kane and that could well tide me over.

Foden -> Son is my current plan, and until I see something better, I'll probably stick with it. But that's only because it is a FT and I'll still have 3.5 ITB so lots of options to exit the transfer with.

I would not be taking hits to get Spurs players in at all.

This DCL injury could force me into getting another forward but that can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Have two FTs and need to move gundo foden or Vardy
    But the options to transfer in are not that attractive.. Thinking Bowen raphina Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Have Kane don't think I want any more, giving serious thought to a YOLO attempt at not captaining Kane. 2nd in my main money league but 60 points behind the leader which is a lot to make it, I assume he will TC Kane so I'm tempted to look elsewhere and hope for the best, if Kane does anything my season is over so maybe not. Will be a tough call

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

Have Kane don't think I want any more, giving serious thought to a YOLO attempt at not captaining Kane. 2nd in my main money league but 60 points behind the leader which is a lot to make it, I assume he will TC Kane so I'm tempted to look elsewhere and hope for the best, if Kane does anything my season is over so maybe not. Will be a tough call

I think captaining Son in that situation makes sense. If your priority is to make up that 60 point gap you need differentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Have a wildcard to play so might bring in a Spurs player to add to Kane and Son and then get rid soon after.

Thinking Lloris or Reugulion.

Who I’d really like to bring in would be a Chelsea attacker like Havertz, pulisic or mount. Mount seems to be the most nailed on in terms of minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rikand wrote: »
    I decided to read the last few pages of the Spurs super thread over on the soccer forum to see if it might help me decide what to do with Sanchez

Now I just feel miserable and depressed. God it must be awful being a Spurs fan

I want to bench boost so I have to get rid of him I think.....right?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Pulisic is a tempting move, his stats have been strong but Chelsea players are a little inconsistent

CSF wrote: »
    I want to bench boost so I have to get rid of him I think.....right?

They were talking on the thread that he and Dier might now be in permanent rotation. I'm hoping that means that Sanchez will get the league games and Dier will get the cup game.

Though they also said on the thread that Dier was Dire and shouldnt be let anywhere near the team, so I'm not sure what that means now. I think I'm gonna stick with him but if you're thinking of bench boost, then I havent a clue. Looking at their available defenders, Jose might appear to be in full on rotation before putting all his eggs in the cup final basket

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is a -4 crazy just to get Lingard in?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ben Crellin says this will probably be your best time to use your TC chip

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1381751545641992193

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Is a -4 crazy just to get Lingard in?

Probably not with the form he's in, might do it myself. Who would you be selling?

siblers wrote: »
    Ben Crellin says this will probably be your best time to use your TC chip

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1381751545641992193

I was contemplating it myself though I don't have a whole lot of confidence in Kane and Spurs at the moment.

That said, Everton and Southampton have both been pretty crap recently and Kane will be gunning for the PL top goalscorer tied with Salah on 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭claw

I was contemplating it myself though I don't have a whole lot of confidence in Kane and Spurs at the moment.

That said, Everton and Southampton have both been pretty crap recently and Kane will be gunning for the PL top goalscorer tied with Salah on 19.

I don't think Everton have been that bad defensively, they have kept 4 clean sheets in the last 7, although they were a bit fortunate on Monday to hang on I think. Southampton on the other hand :) My only worry is that Kane would be rested for Southampton. I am going to TC Kane regardless because I don't see a better week to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,813 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm just dreading this week because one guy in my Draft league has both Kane & Son...and he's also in 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭onrail

For those with the TC chip left, Kane (TC) seems almost too obvious of a choice. Maybe Son if you're chasing rather than protecting a lead?

Advertisement