Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

David Firth's Animations

• 21-08-2012 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,805 Setun

Most of you are probably familiar with "his early work" such as Burnt Face Man and Salad Fingers, etc. He's just posted a new animation on youtube today - it's in a different style (very successful and refreshing from the Flash aesthetic imo) but manages to retain that wonderfully grim and macabre humour - it reminds me of Terry Gilliam's Monty Python collage animations actually. The new piece is part of the excellent Sock series, and is best watched just before bedtime ;) Also, check out ptikobj and Drill Bit Head for more ambient horror by the man himself.

//Note: Contains graphic scenes and adult content - nsfw

So, what do you think of his work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭ Standman

I really like it. A lot of his stuff is like a meandering nightmare, he has a great way of creating that eerie atmosphere with a touch of sadness about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 Setun

Yeah it is very nightmarish - actually I think I read somewhere that the Sock series is based on his dreams? If I was having dreams like that I wouldn't fancy going to sleep at night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ Pawpad666

I love his stuff. This is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ The Scratcher

I found it very hard to get to the end of that, I don't know why! It's very disturbing, I'm not even sure what it was I just watched :confused: I liked it though! What a weird set of feelings, think I might lie down for a while. :(

Advertisement