Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG MA100 Spring in a Maruzen L96.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭THE MINDER

I would like to know would a MAG MA100 Spring (Meant for a VSR-10) fit into a Maruzen L96 as they both look the same (My opinion). I might be getting a Maruzen L96 which need a new spring as it's only firing .39 .

Here is a link of the spring: http://airsoftguns.ie/spring/927-mag-ma100-non-linear-spring-for-marui-vsr-10-series-.html

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Bear in mind the Maruzen L96 has a sealed cylinder unit which cant be opened so AFAIK you need an aftermarket cylinder to change the spring:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

also I doubt the .39J is caused by the spring, it may very well be but it seems unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

No. Springs tend to look like other springs, because that's the characteristic of a spring...it's spring shaped :P

The Maruzen L96 is also known as the APS2, and it uses APS2 parts. The WELL L96 is a clone of this, and uses the same parts etc.

The VSR system is different, and parts are not interchangeable.

Do you have a Maruzen L96, or is it a WELL? If it's a well, check if the cylinder head has been drilled. If it's the Maruzen it is likely just a worn O-Ring...unless it was left compressed for a long time?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

It may well be the spring, I have seen 2 different L96 with a broken main spring and while they still worked of a sort the power output was wayyyy down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Inari wrote: »
    No. Springs tend to look like other springs, because that's the characteristic of a spring...it's spring shaped :P

The Maruzen L96 is also known as the APS2, and it uses APS2 parts. The WELL L96 is a clone of this, and uses the same parts etc.

The VSR system is different, and parts are not interchangeable.

Do you have a Maruzen L96, or is it a WELL? If it's a well, check if the cylinder head has been drilled. If it's the Maruzen it is likely just a worn O-Ring...unless it was left compressed for a long time?

Well a spring is meant to be a spring, nothing more.:rolleyes:

I don't own a Maruzen L96 or to be precise, any airsoft rifle as my AEG is in pieces, but UMP45 is offering me a Maruzen L96 which only needs a new spring. Link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79028806

I tried looking everywhere to find a suitable spring that could be used but there all around the 400-550 F.P.S. mark so it wouldn't be a good idea to buy one. My second last option would to ring up a airsoft retailer to see if they have a L96/APS2 spring, but as THE MINDER has pointed out the Maruzen L96 has a sealed cylinder so that's another problem.

The last option would to just save up the money for either a WELL VSR-10 or a WELL L96, something cheap that would do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

DeBurca wrote: »
    It may well be the spring, I have seen 2 different L96 with a broken main spring and while they still worked of a sort the power output was wayyyy down

this could make sense. I was just thinking of the kind of spring which must be in it for it to be putting out .4J but a broken spring might make sense so :)
    and a mod, nice one DeBurca unless you always were and I've never noticed :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

I might just go with my last option a get a new sniper rifle. Don't want one that I can't even change the spring in and having to buy aftermarket parts, etc...

The picture below looks like a Tokyo Marui L96 but it isn't a Tokyo Marui L96. It's actually a new release from WELL. It's much cheaper and I think it'll do the job but the only problem is getting in the country so I'll have to check and see if a retailer could get one in and downgrade it for me, hopefully during the summer holidays after my Junior Cert (Wink wink Inari;)).
    well-ma4402d-od_1_mark.jpg
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalog/product/view/id/23709/s/well-l96aws-sniper-rifle-with-scope-bipod-olive-drab/

Advertisement