Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording from minidisc to puter

Options
  • 11-04-2002 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

I hooked up my minidisc to the input of my computer and played it and the sound came out perfectly through my computer's speakers. So far so good. However when I try to record it using sound record/audacity/any other kind of sound recording program, nothing comes out when I play it back. It is as if my computer has some problem recording the sound from my minidisc player. Any advice on what the problem could be/how I can fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Some obvious suggestions just in case: :)

The input is hooked up to ur soundcard andnot just an input to the speakers?

In the program you are using to record are the mixer setting or the recording source settings and volume settings correct?

Try another input on the soundcard. I know on mine I have two, and I think that one could be heard through the speakers but I needed to use the other to actually record stuff, also try muting ones not being used in the mixer settings. I know i had a similar problem before and got round it messing with this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Volume Control / Properties / Recording / OKAY / Select Line in.

If you have a SbLive/Audigy and don't want to worry about this select 'What U Hear' instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Ex_hale

connect the analog cable from the line-in on your md to your speaker output port on the soundcard, it should be as easy as that.. maybe you had it connected to the earphone socket of the md? ive done that once or twice by accident and recorded long bouts of nothingness:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Ex Hale...thank that may have been the problem ooops :) When you're messing round with something so small i guess i get confused with all the cable :) I'll try the other suggestions if that doesn't work...thanks a lot everyone :):)

Advertisement