Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1972 VW Beetle

Options
  • 25-05-2024 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

I have an option to buy a 1972 VW Beetle, it's my uncles in the UK - he was big into classic cars but is now selling up and moving to the Canaries. Car has been totally rebuilt from ground up and looks almost like new, mileage is around 66k. I can have it for £10k sterling, uncle says the open market price is at least 12k sterling.

So my big concern is about VRT, VAT etc when importing it. How will it be valued by revenue ? If my uncle issues a £10k invoice will it be acceptable as valuation or how do they value classics?

Have imported many modern cars over the years but have no clue about classics, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement