Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Coreglow (Super Ser) Gas Heater

Options
  • 25-03-2024 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

As per the video - there is ignition but the flame goes into this type of high flicker with a gap between the gas outlet pipe and the base of the flame. As soon as you leave your finger off the Gas supply button it goes out. I have used the air hose to clean out the gas outlet from both ends (disconnected the supply pipe at the back). I have tried the hand wave to try to get to settle (by shoving air past it by hand) but that does not work either.

Waste of time bringing it to the gas heater shop as all they say is get a new one - not worth fixing etc but this problem has existed with this heater since day one so it has not got much use over that so is effectively still brand new. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

The pilot light flame has to heat the thermocouple , otherwise it will not stay lighting, it looks like the pilot jet is clogged up with dust off the heating panel

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Alfaguy

The guy at the gas shop said it was a design flaw with this model of gas heater. I can vouch for that because the exact same model of the previous heater bought new had the exact same fault and was returned and replaced with this one and for one reason or another (laziness) it just sat there unused for a few years after it became apparent that this gas heater was a dud too.

Anyway he had a McGiver type solution to the problem. Simply stick a small bit of wire down the gas outlet pipe. Just let it rest in there. It seems this breaks the gap in the flame and allows the heater to work normally. Charged me nothing too. Has been working fine all morning.

I was fairly sure it could not be a part gone wrong since it was never used and stored in the house and all the dust was blown out of the outlet tube as said from both ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Alfaguy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

the flame failure device is there for a reason, if the flame gets blown out it stops the gas getting through with the possibility of an explosion should a spark ignite it, you need this to be checked

Advertisement