Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Elite ST noises

Options
  • 12-02-2021 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Have problem with Mira shower - like most of the people. Build year is 2015 and makes noises like in video - which part is dying - is it the motor 428.62? It was always loud, stud wall behind it, fully tiled as well.
    I cleaned the filter, checked for water leaks etc.

Can i replace it with triton novel sr or only pumped t90sr?

Any recommendation for plumber in Sligo(I'm hoping to get some help here from Sleeper12)

https://streamable.com/51q9te

https://streamable.com/vmtgnj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It sounds like the bearings are failing. The only moving part is the motor so it's the only part that can make this type of noise. You'd be looking at around 130 euros to buy a new motor plus installation. I don't think it's worth spending that much on a 5 or 6 years old shower.

Your electric shower has a cold feed only. To install the triton novel you'd need to bring a hot water supply to the shower. The trip switch should be 40 amp RCBO for the electric shower and this would need to be reduced for the power shower. I think 10 amp but your electrician will know for sure.

Changing to a Triton t90sr is usually straightforward enough. I can't help you with local plumber in your area I'm afraid. Maybe someone might pm you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭CoBo55

It looks like it's on the tiles which will make changing it a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It sounds like the bearings are failing. The only moving part is the motor so it's the only part that can make this type of noise. You'd be looking at around 130 euros to buy a new motor plus installation. I don't think it's worth spending that much on a 5 or 6 years old shower.

Your electric shower has a cold feed only. To install the triton novel you'd need to bring a hot water supply to the shower. The trip switch should be 40 amp RCBO for the electric shower and this would need to be reduced for the power shower. I think 10 amp but your electrician will know for sure.

Changing to a Triton t90sr is usually straightforward enough. I can't help you with local plumber in your area I'm afraid. Maybe someone might pm you

That's what I was thinking - by reading forum that it won't be worth fixing it. As you wrote the call out is at least 70+ plus parts and I should be able to have new one fitted for around 350 if remember well - it will be t90sr then.

Do i have to worry about anything while using it in that state until it will completely die?

loki7777 wrote:
    Do i have to worry about anything while using it in that state until it will completely die?

No. It will just get louder and louder. I'm might then seize up altogether

It was replaced last night - to loud to use it. Triton is fab like night and day. Well worth the money.

• Advertisement

loki7777 wrote:
    It was replaced last night - to loud to use it. Triton is fab like night and day. Well worth the money.

You can feel the difference in quality build between these & the Mira. How much did it cost supplied & fitted in the end? This is one of questions posters ask the most

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You can feel the difference in quality build between these & the Mira. How much did it cost supplied & fitted in the end? This is one of questions posters ask the most

295€ plus vat. So very good price.

Advertisement