Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xpresso route picking up from stops not on timetable/route

Options
  • 19-04-2018 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

I get an Xpresso route in the mornings to work. It's the only X service in the morning and is usually standing room only by the time it reaches me. Was generally the same 2 or 3 drivers for last 7 or 8 months until about 3 weeks ago. New faces since then and these drivers are stopping to pick up passengers at stops not on the X timetable/route and that the previous drivers never stopped at. I thought the whole selling point of the X routes was that they are limited stop and thus faster because of that

The most annoying part is when the bus stops and passengers come on and find out that it's minimum fare only or doesn't serve the same route as the non X route, they usually get off again, making the whole thing pointless.

Would I be justified in complaining to Dublin Bus about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

complain to the NTA, the oversee the service. DB are just the operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Was generally the same 2 or 3 drivers for last 7 or 8 months until about 3 weeks ago. New faces since then.

Would I be justified in complaining to Dublin Bus about this?

Drivers probably unsure of actual stops and afraid to miss one, They'd be told, if unsure, just stop... better to make an extra stop rather than miss an official stop.

I used to do that when I done the x routes. the funny thing is, people would complain about the extra stop on way into town, but in the evening loads would be looking to get dropped off at unofficial stops going home.

Definitely worth a call to DB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

What happened when you said it to the Driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

What happened when you said it to the Driver?

Bus was/is always crammed and it takes a lot of effort to get up to the front door as I'm not the smallest person in the world. I wouldn't want to cause an argument anyway. Driver should know the route in fairness.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

68X does about twice as much (if not more) stops as advertised. It started off doing the proper stops but quickly degenerated into non- 'X' type route stopping at every bloody stop. I stopped using it for a while and came back to it last week to find that it was taking 20m extra on the commute so I've abandoned the idea of taking it again. Just taking normal bus now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

On my route - 67x - the X stops at all stops

it takes a slightly different route than the regular 67 but stops at each stop t0 encounters if required.

OP - if you look up the route on Dublin bus it will list all the stops on the route

for example: https://www.dublinbus.ie/RTPI/Sources-of-Real-Time-Information/?searchtype=route&searchquery=67x

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Riskymove wrote: »
    On my route - 67x - the X stops at all stops

it takes a slightly different route than the regular 67 but stops at each stop t0 encounters if required.

OP - if you look up the route on Dublin bus it will list all the stops on the route

for example: https://www.dublinbus.ie/RTPI/Sources-of-Real-Time-Information/?searchtype=route&searchquery=67x

69x is the route. Inbound, from when I get on until where I get off it's supposed to stop just after Newlands X, Kylemore Luas and Heuston Station.

Instead it's been stopping to let passengers on at Monastery Road Ibis Hotel (it's not even supposed to go this way but it does most mornings) all the stops on Tyrconnell Road/Inchicore Village and then on Con Colbert Road.

Outbound the only unscheduled stop is usually Kilmainham Gaol, so don't mind it coming home as much as it's not really badly delayed.

Edit: I submitted a complaint via the Dublin Bus customer comment form about this issue and the response I received back just about sums up the respect Dublin Bus has for it's paying customers. They obviously didn't even bother reading the damn thing:
    Dear Mr XX,

On behalf of Dublin Bus thank you for your emails regarding this matter. There are no plans at present to add an extra 69 departure. However I will bring your suggestion to the attention of the management and we will continue to monitor this route.

Again thank you for your emails regarding this matter.

Advertisement