Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game in c#

Options
  • 02-02-2018 10:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have an assigment to make a game in c#. I wanted to ask you if anyone here know any good tutorials or articles about this matter.
    The game dosen't need to be a AAA game, just simple and fun :D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

Guess a number between 1 and 10 is always a good one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Simon? You know, with the colours and remembering the sequence.

Are you planning this to be a windows desktop app? WPF?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Josip007

Just a simple game, one I can write in VS
    I don't have experience in c# yet, but next semester I'll have a class dedicated to c#
    Just wanted you to link any tutorials if you know that are good :)

Josip007 wrote: »
    Just a simple game, one I can write in VS
    I don't have experience in c# yet, but next semester I'll have a class dedicated to c#
    Just wanted you to link any tutorials if you know that are good :)

On what platform will you deliver this game?

C# is a language.
    It runs on a Windows machine or on a server.

C# itself does not deliver an interface to the user, so you have to decide on the GUI.

• Advertisement

OP, you must explain of how you decide to present the UI.

As I said C# is a language that can be implemented both on the server and the client, but you must understand that it does not exist alone.
    In what way do you present the GUI? In what way are you using C#?

oh yea, sorry
    I know that c# can be used to manipulate, lets say sprites that are created in Unity. I thought that are there any graphical libraries that can be used in the code alone. I would need to ask my mentor first what he ment exactly then I'll send it here.
    I was thinkig more like a 2D "super mario" style platformer

And yea, just windows :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Well a very quick google comes up with this youtube video.
    Might be a good starting point. This is a link to Part 1, there are a few different parts to the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭Talisman

This is raising the bar for the do my homework/assignment posts. Why use a search engine when instead you can register on Boards.ie, post your query and have somebody else perform the search task for you?

• Advertisement

Talisman, I know how to google but I wanted to ask if anyone here has experience and can recommend me tutorials. I can watch 100 less efficiant tutorials or one brief but informative. Don't have to be passive agressive man
    Hope you undestand what I'm trying to say. But thank you for your critic :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Talisman, I know how to google but I wanted to ask if anyone here has experience and can recommend me tutorials. I can watch 100 less efficiant tutorials or one brief but informative. Don't have to be passive agressive man
    Hope you undestand what I'm trying to say. But thank you for your critic :D

Are you trying to use C# to manipulate a games engine, or trying to write something simpler from scratch? If you can use an engine, something like unity as posted would be good. If you have to write from scratch, something like noughts and crosses, hunt the wumpus, or life are all easy to write and demonstrate simple programming skills.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

smacl wrote: »
    Are you trying to use C# to manipulate a games engine, or trying to write something simpler from scratch? If you can use an engine, something like unity as posted would be good. If you have to write from scratch, something like noughts and crosses, hunt the wumpus, or life are all easy to write and demonstrate simple programming skills.

Those links aren't working...

Those links aren't working...

Fixed!

Thank you all, 
    I think I should use an engine such as Unity.

Thank you all, 
    I think I should use an engine such as Unity.

Cool, post a link to it when you've got it written and we'll score it out of 10 for playability :p

Advertisement