Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1997 jeep trying insurance?

Options
  • 20-10-2017 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

looking to insure a 97 toyota landcruiser , fbd dont want to know about it. even though i have house and farm with them. any one know any companies that do jeep insurance? doe til next october

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭Who2

Dickie10 wrote: »
    looking to insure a 97 toyota landcruiser , fbd dont want to know about it. even though i have house and farm with them. any one know any companies that do jeep insurance? doe til next october

torture with older vehicles at the moment. throw up a few pics if you can, class machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭Dickie10

toyota_land_cruiser_prado_3-door_38.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭Dickie10

exact replica same colour and all just passed doe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭Who2

exact replica same colour and all just passed doe

cant seem to open it

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭adam14

I have a 00 with Zurich for about 700.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

95 LC FBD €630 here.Do they think it is getting senile and going to wander off down the road on its own?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

The Rabbi wrote: »
    95 LC FBD €630 here.Do they think it is getting senile and going to wander off down the road on its own?

Feck sake

I just got my renewal from FBD

€926 TPFT
    Peugeot 306

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

92 Hilux with Liberty, c€700.Shopping around no one else wanted it and Liberty only did it because it's with them for years. 10 years newer would halve the premium. Probably going to have to get rid of it even though it does what I need it to do and gives very little trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Do you have a rep you deal with in fbd. Ring him and tell him not to bother coming back next year unless they insure the jeep. Or else try a broker

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭FeelTheBern

Mooooo wrote: »
    Do you have a rep you deal with in fbd. Ring him and tell him not to bother coming back next year unless they insure the jeep. Or else try a broker

+1 on that suggestion. I have 00 landcruiser with FBD for 4/5 years. Moved farm to Zurich cos FBD quote crazy but ended up leaving jeep with FBD cos even though their premium very high the broker couldn't get anyone else to cover it. Think no insurer wants to take on new policies on old vehicles - someone told me was due to all these staged crashes with old cars and new policies that you hear about.

So suggest you ring your FBD rep and tell them you know FBD are insuring jeeps of this age for your neighbours and unless they cover you, your going to walk with the rest of your business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,209 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Ohs lorry was with liberty for years. Its 1994. Premium went up by €800 at renewal. No claims ever. Went to a broker and he got the cover for €100 more than he paid last year. Watford insurance is who they got it with

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

+1 on that suggestion. I have 00 landcruiser with FBD for 4/5 years. Moved farm to Zurich cos FBD quote crazy but ended up leaving jeep with FBD cos even though their premium very high the broker couldn't get anyone else to cover it. Think no insurer wants to take on new policies on old vehicles - someone told me was due to all these staged crashes with old cars and new policies that you hear about.

So suggest you ring your FBD rep and tell them you know FBD are insuring jeeps of this age for your neighbours and unless they cover you, your going to walk with the rest of your business.

Am with fbd for a 97 cruiser, must open the quote. It's being a new policy is the problem Dickie. Was yours a Jap import by any chance? Commercial or private tax? That pic has glass in the back. They'll use any excuse not to give you cover.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Feck sake

I just got my renewal from FBD

€926 TPFT
    Peugeot 306

I should have said full no claims bonus, no points or any of that malarkey and I'm old enough to pass the over 25 test at Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

A mate of mine has a 97 SWB Jap import in red with silver bumpers etc. It looks the business but the insurance would be mad..

99nsr125 wrote: »
    I should have said full no claims bonus, no points or any of that malarkey and I'm old enough to pass the over 25 test at Tesco

What year is it. €600 here fully comp on our 04 landcruiser. Fbd

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

try Campion

whelan2 wrote: »

Owned it for 6 years now
    Always been with FBD
    It makes no sense to me other than they are purposely pushing some business away.

Again we have house, farm, tractor, livestock etc with them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭emaherx

We have an 01 Land cruiser was on a similar deal until this year. Now FBD only offering third party Cover due to age.

emaherx wrote: »
    We have an 01 Land cruiser was on a similar deal until this year. Now FBD only offering third party Cover due to age.

Ya opened mine, 477 3rd party fire and theft, it was comprehensive and open driving for anyone over 25 with a full licence.

Just up-dating this, same jeep, but can't get comprehensive cover, quote is just under 500, tried a broker and best they could do is 650. Is there any point in shopping around?

• Advertisement

04 landcruiser first year this year they wouldn't cover comprehensive. 600 euro this year and 25 extra for windscreen cover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

blue5000 wrote: »
    Am with fbd for a 97 cruiser, must open the quote. It's being a new policy is the problem Dickie. Was yours a Jap import by any chance? Commercial or private tax? That pic has glass in the back. They'll use any excuse not to give you cover.

Fbd told me a 05 van was too old for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭blackbox

04 landcruiser first year this year they wouldn't cover comprehensive. 600 euro this year and 25 extra for windscreen cover

The amount that they would pay out for a comprehensive claim is so small that it is not worth paying extra for the cover.

148multi wrote: »
    Fbd told me a 05 van was too old for them

Was this for a new policy or a renewal of an existing policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Axa here. Being giving some of us at least another option to fbd in recent years. Surely blue no need for fully comp on a 97?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭FeelTheBern

blue5000 wrote: »
    Just up-dating this, same jeep, but can't get comprehensive cover, quote is just under 500, tried a broker and best they could do is 650. Is there any point in shopping around?

AXA were doing a good offer on jeeps over 10 years old if covered as part of the farm policy - not sure if still doing this year but cut cost of our jeep from 650 with FBD to around 300 I think. Couldn’t even get anyone else to quote for it before when looking for options other than FBD. That would be third party though.

Advertisement