Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to kill yeast?

Options
  • 24-06-2017 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

HB starter here. I forgot to remove yeast sachet from bottom of Ritchies Simply export stout malt pouch when standing it in very hot water x 20 to soften. Will proceed with brew but wondering if I may have kilked/compromised the yeast. Will update but for now any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You might have damaged it, but you can just pop into Mottly Brew or similar, and grab another pack of stout friendly yeast. It's not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

pitch it, see if it kicks off, if it does, add a yeast nutrient to give it a boost, if no just pitch some new yeast

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Thanks for replies and advice. Pitched 9 hours ago. Have come out to garage to sit beside my latest brew for a while to find steady vigorous A/L activity. All seems good. This is my 3rd brew. The first two took a bit longer to kick off so possibly no harm done here.

Advertisement