Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Go on android box

Options
  • 12-02-2017 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

I believe sky Go won't work as won't transmit through HDMI. Does anyone know how do I get this to work. Unbelievable this is....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I imagine you won't be able to get this to work.
    This is what Sky want to avoid.
    Sky Go cannot be installed on most android boxes AFAIK.
    I'm able to watch my Sky on TV when I'm abroad via an Android box by connecting a SlingBox to my Sky+ at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭bikermartin

Zagato wrote: »
    I imagine you won't be able to get this to work.
    This is what Sky want to avoid.
    Sky Go cannot be installed on most android boxes AFAIK.
    I'm able to watch my Sky on TV when I'm abroad via an Android box by connecting a SlingBox to my Sky+ at home.

The app install and can sign it but says HDMI is not supported or words to that effect.

Why can Xbox and PlayStation be used then ?

I may just use it that way....But then you've to have a subscription to either console to use sky Go on it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

The app install and can sign it but says HDMI is not supported or words to that effect.

Why can Xbox and PlayStation be used then ?

I may just use it that way....But then you've to have a subscription to either console to use sky Go on it !

You need Sky Go extra or have sky multiroom to use Sky Go on a PS4.

You could connect your laptop via HDMI to your TV. Seems to be the only other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭larchielads

I think it works if your android box supports composite cables i.e the ones with the red yellow and white ends on em and the other end is like a head phone jack.

Ok it wont be hd but I think it works im open to correction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 amyk777

Okay until recently I used an old laptop (~10 years old) with av cables/audio workaround/hdmI adapter, then a newer Mac mini/hdmi cable to run anything that was capable of functioning on the computer BROWSER on my TV set as an external monitor. No problem, ever. The laptop setup was definitely untidy, but the Mac mini was certainly minimalist, to use a term...

I'm not a Sky subscriber but my mother is, and I never once had an issue. Don't use an app as Sky wrote them so they can't mirror to an external display. Use the browser. (Actually I'm not entirely certain about having to do this on the Mac mini ars the tv wasn't set as an external display, so no screen mirroring involved... so perhaps the app would have worked, but I never bothered trying.)

Whatever the OS, Sky Go will need to operate on the computer itself, so MS Silverlight, updates, etc.."

Advertisement