Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling cardboard boxes from a commercial business

Options
  • 20-08-2015 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

I took some cardboard boxes from a commercial business to the local county council recycling centre.
    I was pulled up by one of the employees there saying that I shouldn't be using the service as it is commercial waste.
    It was honestly the first I had heard of this, I've checked the county councils website and I can't see anything saying that it doesn't accept commercial waste.
    Maybe I'm totally naïve but I thought that the county council was actually making a profit from recycling centres such as this and as such the waste I was giving was actually worth something to them?
    Any advice would be appreciated, is this correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 envaction

Hmm that is strange. I mean I would think that you would be able to do that since the commercial business doesn't want the boxes anymore. I've honestly never heard of anything like this before, I'm sorry. I would think that it's wrong though.

Advertisement