Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choice Based Letting Scheme - DCC

Options
  • 10-03-2015 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever applied for a house under the Choice Based Letting Scheme in Dublin City Council?

If you did -
    How long were you waiting to hear back if you were successful/unsuccessful?
    How near to the top of the list were you when you applied?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'm on it 7 years now and despite applying for everything on it not had one single offer .

Personally I don't rate the system very well blocked from applying for lots of 2 bed properties due to them been only suitable for 1 adult and one small child or or 2 adults .
    Other times its sorry no properties available for several months .

Based in sdcc areas

If your not successful you don't hear anything back at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Gatling wrote: »
    I'm on it 7 years now and despite applying for everything on it not had one single offer .

Personally I don't rate the system very well blocked from applying for lots of 2 bed properties due to them been only suitable for 1 adult and one small child or or 2 adults .
    Other times its sorry no properties available for several months .

Based in sdcc areas

If your not successful you don't hear anything back at all

We're waiting on a three bed house and applied to the CBL for two houses that became available in Finglas and were advertised with a closing date of last Friday. We're up in the 400's on the DCC list for Finglas/Cabra area and in the 1200's for Fingal.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

January wrote: »

We're waiting on a three bed house and applied to the CBL for two houses that became available in Finglas and were advertised with a closing date of last Friday. We're up in the 400's on the DCC list for Finglas/Cabra area and in the 1200's for Fingal.

Ours get advertised on Friday you can then apply till Tuesday .

That's some difference 400-1200 places at least you actually know where you are on the list not that it actually helps

Advertisement