Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Editing Software on a sh!t computer!

Options
  • 21-02-2015 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

4GB of ram computer, looking for suggestions on video editing software? I'm currently using Premier Pro and finding it hard to render in 720P.

I've tried Adobe After Effects for an intro and just won't render.

Any cheap and cheerful suggestions that could possibly create an intro also?Anything apart from WMM! Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

What sort of Specs of a Processor have you got David?

When you say your trying to Render an Intro....do you mean Titles? Video with titles...or what??

These days with Premiere or any program you need a good fast Processor and 12 Gigs of Ram....

Premiere/After Effects should still render an intro for you though..
    What versions do you have and what error messages do they give you when you try to render or does the system just hang??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DavidSullivan

What sort of Specs of a Processor have you got David?

When you say your trying to Render an Intro....do you mean Titles? Video with titles...or what??

These days with Premiere or any program you need a good fast Processor and 12 Gigs of Ram....

Premiere/After Effects should still render an intro for you though..
    What versions do you have and what error messages do they give you when you try to render or does the system just hang??

Hi Eire!

The processor is an AMD II X4 635 - 2.90 GHz

Working with After Effects was brilliant and I had a lovely little intro created, went to render and the computer just hung. The intro was just an image with text and was 8 seconds long. The quality was set to 720P so I was expecting it to render.

It's my own fault, I shouldn't be using this piece of crap haha

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Moved from Web Design. Please read local charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

After effects and premiere should still render, it would just be very slow. Usually you'll encounter problems during editing itself as you've loaded a load of titles, video, sounds and so on. All that would cause slow down while editing.

I'd say you could have a problem with the applications themselves. You'd want to check graphics drivers, make sure you have codecs up to date and that your settings on the render are correct (render settings can be a nightmare).

There's also a separate adobe renderer called adobe media encoder, it's usually better to use that to render.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DavidSullivan

ScumLord wrote: »
    After effects and premiere should still render, it would just be very slow. Usually you'll encounter problems during editing itself as you've loaded a load of titles, video, sounds and so on. All that would cause slow down while editing.

I'd say you could have a problem with the applications themselves. You'd want to check graphics drivers, make sure you have codecs up to date and that your settings on the render are correct (render settings can be a nightmare).

There's also a separate adobe renderer called adobe media encoder, it's usually better to use that to render.

Thanks for that! I purchased MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2015 and it's working like a dream!
    Rendering a 4 minute long Promo - 1280x720 at 19 FPS in about 10 minutes.

Great piece of software :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement