Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strengthen teeth

Options
  • 11-01-2015 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Ok so 2014 is gone. Looking back I can safely say I did not look after my teeth well enough. I brushed twice a day most days but forego flossing. I think it has something to do with laziness or the perception that flossing is time consuming and brushing is sufficient. Often you might be rushing out the door in the morning or eager to go to bed at night and brushing takes a hit. Yet, I sometimes get the urge to clean my teeth thoroughly by brushing for over four minutes, flossing and rinsing my mouth with Listerine. On the off chance is mouth wash like Listerine recommended for everyday cleaning?

I was at work today and have been nursing a bit of a cold. I realized how sensitive my teeth are to cold air and water. It bothered me because I knew this was avoidable and my teeth are not as strong as they should be, considering my age.

Ultimately, I'm looking for some sound advice on how I can maintain healthy teeth and gums. I understand this info is not difficult to find but I'd like to have the members of boards.ie's perspective. My teeth are fine for the most part, but I'd like them to be whiter and less sensitive or stronger.

Any info appreciated,

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭capnsparkles

My advice would be to get your teeth checked. With a cold you often get sinusitis ,this will sometimes cause your top teeth to be overtly sensitive.Without flossing you are not cleaning your teeth 100%. You may have build up of tartar(calculus/calcified bacterial residue)on the tooth/root surface. This will cause chronic inflammation of the structures that hold your teeth in place. Put simply these structures dissolve away and the gum recedes , this will also lead to sensitivity.
    Go and get a check up and ask your Dentist how you can look after your teeth more efficiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 horticulturist

My advice would be to get your teeth checked. With a cold you often get sinusitis ,this will sometimes cause your top teeth to be overtly sensitive.Without flossing you are not cleaning your teeth 100%. You may have build up of tartar(calculus/calcified bacterial residue)on the tooth/root surface. This will cause chronic inflammation of the structures that hold your teeth in place. Put simply these structures dissolve away and the gum recedes , this will also lead to sensitivity.
    Go and get a check up and ask your Dentist how you can look after your teeth more efficiently.

Thanks, great advice. I'm planning on emigrating in a few months so a trip to the dentist will definitely be on the agenda

Advertisement