Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoktech RSST Rebuildable Atomiser

Options
  • 28-09-2014 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭

So im planning on getting into Rebuildable Atomisers and i'm looking at this as

1) It's cheap
    2) Looks simple enough as a starting point
    3) PBusardo likes it (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FjNzuNyWZ3U)

Only thing im not sure about is using the mesh instead of wick or cotton? Looks a bit dodgy. I certainly dont have a blow torch either...

A question here also... ESI sell the RSST for €20 but they dont sell the mesh. I see the Koh Gen Do there in the right kind of size/ shape - could this be used in place of the mesh or is that a non runner? Seems using cotton is preferable to metal!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Plenty use cotton instead of mesh, usually with the cotton just at the entrance to the tank's hole (mmmrrrrreowwww), and they call it auto-dripping for some reason (you have to tip it to wet the wick which seems semi-automatic at best).

The RSST has a problem with it's air-chamber size - it's fucking huge. Plus the draw is way too tight.
    Get the Kraken instead. Adjustable airflow is a huge plus plus it's €1 cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Thanks, ill have a look at that now.

Also, you mentioned semi-automatic due to having to tip the wick... i'm presuming you mean thats something i would need to do constantly in which case that would probably disqualify the thing altogether.

Oh... I guess you mean lower the cotton as liquid level goes down? Would you not just have a length going to the bottom of the chamber?

Unfortunately I can find.a decent video for.a.walk around of the Kraken...

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

How about going for a kayfun style tank instead of a genesis style. Fogger V4, Aqua or Kayfun clones. They are all very reasonable prices on thebestshop. You wont have to deal with the aforementioned tilting and cotton is the norm for them.

Cheers, ill have another look at them. Heres a vid I just spotted on using cotton in the RSST:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KbbwKQn5Msk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I considered the RSST when it came out but it seems a lot of people drill the hole out and also theres the possible leaking issue, which just totally put me off it.

Building the Kraken:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jE12x5dTybU

Not actually educated on difference between Genesis and Kayfun style tanks so will check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

I got an rsst and hated it.harsh with mesh and leaked all the time.got a kayfun now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Oh... I guess you mean lower the cotton as liquid level goes down? Would you not just have a length going to the bottom of the chamber?

Unfortunately I can find.a decent video for.a.walk around of the Kraken...

No, I meant tipping the atty so the wick is wetted.
    Some people do this. ¯\(°_o)/¯

Maybe the fancy types of cotton that're around today are different, but slipping run-of-the-mill cotton down the wick-hole meant a game of balance as air has to be able to get past the cotton into the juice chamber, otherwise an airtight seal is formed and wicking slows or stops.

Get a dripper with a big juice-well instead. Much better. Origen or Magma. Dripping a few times a day isn't the worst.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the input buachalli.

I ordered a Kayfun Lite Plus 2 (plus some Kanthal 32, Cellucotton and an Ohms Reader).

Really takes a while to get to this point but... The journey into rebuildables begins!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

I have a spare RSST if you want it. postage all i ask for.

its been sitting for months, id rather see ti used than me throwing out on my next clearup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Cheers for the input buachalli.

I ordered a Kayfun Lite Plus 2 (plus some Kanthal 32, Cellucotton and an Ohms Reader).

Really takes a while to get to this point but... The journey into rebuildables begins!

Do you mind me asking what mod/battery you're using

platinums wrote: »
    I have a spare RSST if you want it. postage all i ask for.

its been sitting for months, id rather see ti used than me throwing out on my next clearup

Sound dude, PM sent.

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what mod/battery you're using

I only have an MVP 2 at the moment.

Planning on getting a mod on next payday but not sure what. I like the look of the Caravela but not sure i'd like the bottom firing switch.

So, got my Kayfun today! Have to say the operation of it is a lot simpler than I initially thought. Making coils and wicking is easy too.

Just need to fiddle around a bit more over the coming week or so to figure out how much wick I want and what type of coil i want (in ohms).

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

Did you get the Ehpro one? Just something to watch out for if you did and its same as mine. The air adjust screw is Very loose and i find it can open itself up as i move around. bit of blu tac over the screw sorted it.

Yeah, Ehpro. Lite + V2.

Advertisement