Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SM Single Player Career Mode

Options
  • 28-06-2014 4:18pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just seen that the single player mode is apparently starting on the 30th June. I'm not sure whether this is just for the players who have paid for early access, or if they have already been playing it and it's being opened to the general poverty stricken public (like me!) on that date.

Either way, I just thought I'd set up a thread in case anyone wants to either talk in general about the new mode, or indeed share their own career stories.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I'm tempted to get it but I want to see what it looks like first. Will probably get it later on today though :P

Apparently when it's fully released it'll be free to play which I find a bit strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Any idea how much it is to play at the moment? Might give it a go!

6 at the moment, won't be up until this afternoon though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Might have a lookit this later for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Is it up and running yet?

• Advertisement

Has anybody else tried it?

I played it once and gave up, not my cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Not arsed paying for it! What's it like? I'd imagine it's just like football manager but not near as good. Or atleast not near as good as football manager was when it was good :p

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Not arsed paying for it! What's it like? I'd imagine it's just like football manager but not near as good. Or atleast not near as good as football manager was when it was good :p

Well first impressions done it for me, i know it is only beta.

I started with Blackburn, players were approaching 0% fitness and getting injured if i used them 2 friendlies in a row.

Not as bad as that when the actual season started but the damage to my players was done.

I liked the idea of the players ratings increasing, but i thought it would be based on training etc, just get random news items saying so and so has increased to such and such.

Not a patch on FM, but FM has too much in it for me these days (i just play classic mode), thought this might be an option.

Being honest i didn't give it much of a chance, but the fun in SM for me is the community - in CM/FM glory days i used to like network games, playing SM on your own is no fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Single player is up and running. After being inspired by John O'Shea's magnificence, I think I'll give it a few games right now!!

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wilberto wrote: »
    Single player is up and running. After being inspired by John O'Shea's magnificence, I think I'll give it a few games right now!!

:D:D

COYBIG

• Advertisement

Tried it just now, got bored pretty fast :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

TheGunns wrote: »
    Tried it just now, got bored pretty fast :o

I can certainly understand why! It's not that great after really. Oh well, might tip away on it later when I get really really bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

any more feedback on this?

is it worth giving it a lash?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I tried it for a couple of hours one night while I was over in the moths sisters gaff. It was a load of ****e but it was better than talking to the moths sister!

I'm great company ;)

Advertisement