Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who has the best customer service?

Options
  • 17-10-2013 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

Who have you had the best customer service experience with?

best customer service? 14 votes

Meteor
    0% 0 votes
    Vodafone
    42% 6 votes
    Three
    50% 7 votes
    O2
    7% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Why did'nt you include Tesco & Lycamobile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

I always found Meteor good but there was a notable decline about 5 years or so once their market share grew.

Three tend to be incredibly frustrating and clueless when it comes all but the most minor technical issues. Some of the fixes they suggest for things are just plain bizarre.

I have to say, I have generally been happy with O2 in terms of customer service, I haven't had as much need to ring their customer care as I don't have that many problems on O2.

Can't really comment on Vodafone, been a long time since I was with them (2003 I think) and I can't comment on the MVNO's as I have never used those networks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

and 48 and why not a "None" option as IME each now seems as bad as the others having used 4 of them,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Because, like most people, I have zero interest in those companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,796 ✭✭✭✭cormie

whirlpool wrote: »
    Because, like most people, I have zero interest in those companies.

I'd say most would be VERY interested to know what their CS is like since they have the best deals and CS and reliability of an "unknown" are what's stopping a lot from jumping ship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

cormie wrote: »
    I'd say most would be VERY interested to know what their CS is like since they have the best deals and CS and reliability of an "unknown" are what's stopping a lot from jumping ship.

If anyone wants to know what Tesco, Lyca and 48 mobile's customer service is like, then they can ask. Nothing to do with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

whirlpool wrote: »
    If anyone wants to know what Tesco, Lyca and 48 mobile's customer service is like, then they can ask. Nothing to do with me.

I know this is an old thread but no one ever talks about Lycamobile, so here we go.

I have been with them for three months and have found them to be excellent. I have spoken to their customer care a number of times between, porting in, topping up and even an overcharging incident. Everything was resolved quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

This is not a race-related question, but I am asking from the standpoint of some other Irish networks using outsourced call centres: do Lycamobile have Irish (local) staff, or are they from another country, such as GB, Eastern Europe, India, or elsewhere?

I don't claim that outsourcing makes a difference, and I find that these call centres are just as helpful and professional, but I am asking from an interest point of view, which makes no difference to the outcome of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

On the few occasions that I have spoken to them, the Lycamobile staff have been of different nationalities. Once Irish, once English and two other people, I couldn't place their accents but their English was excellent and their speech was easy to understand. The thing of main importance though was that they listened to me, understood my problem and were able to resolve it.

I also used their email help. I don't know where that was going to, but it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Thanks for the clarification, DMcL1971. I hope you understand that my question, as I stated, was not a nationality-related one, but one that relates to other networks and their customer care output.

It doesn't matter if you're a martian: it all comes down to how helpful and supportive you are.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement