Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unknown Debit - No Help

Options
  • 03-04-2013 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all,

On the 20th of March a debit was done on mycurrent account of 200 euro with the details [EMAIL="P2003AE962.50@4.71721"]P2003AE962.50@4.71721[/EMAIL]. As I never madesuch a payment, I have rang up Customer service of Bank of Ireland and asked what was this transaction from…. I was told by 2 different person over the phone that the transaction was having the following details on Their system: JW HOTEL DUBAI… (In that case I am having trouble to understand why this information doesn’t show up on my statement…?) Anyway, I rang Marriott hotels and asked if there was any prepayment that are supposed to be done as I have made a pre booking for the month of May (and not in Dubai but to a different country!). Marriott hotel mentioned that they had no records at all of my transaction and asked me to send the statement where it says JW Hotel Dubai… But I just can’t because it is not on my statement! So, I just cancelled my Visa debit card and asked for a new one.

I rang again Bank of Ireland and explained the situation(again)and I was told to go to the branch to fill up a Fraud form in order to get a refund. I went to the branch, filled up the forms and the kind agent said she will call me back to let me know when the process will be underway. She did call me back but said that the Fraud department had a new procedure and that I needed to call them myself. Then, I called them and explain the situation (…). The person over the phone said that they are not considering this transaction as a fraud because there was only 1 unknown debit on my statement (the 200 euro one) and that Marriott hotel got my Visa card details and it could be an error from their system. So I explained the agent that in order to solve the conflict with Marriott (and if there is one) I would need something from them where they can see that it is actually from JW Hotel in Dubai and Not with the following details: [EMAIL="P2003AE962.50@4.71721"]P2003AE962.50@4.71721[/EMAIL]. She said thatI would need to contact customer service and ask them if they can provide me with such a document (or screenshot…). So I rang customer service and explained the whole situation (…) Then I was told that it is not possible and they can’t provide me with this kind of details… The Team leader explained me that she will look into it and call me back… I am still waiting for the call but I don’t have much expectations.

It is a bit of a long story but I tried to make it short andcut all the parts where I was transferred from one service to another or when some agent just hung up on me. This story cost me some money in phone calls to Bank of Ireland, fees for a transaction in Dubai and fees for replacing my previous Visa card….

This is an awful situation as I feel like nobody within Bankof Ireland is able to help me.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Alzone,

Apologies for the trouble that you've been having while trying to get this issue sorted out. If you would like to send us a PM with your name, contact number and the name of your branch we can have this looked into for you and we can arrange a call from the Team Leader that you were speaking with.

Thanks

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Alzone

PM sent

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Alzone,

Thanks. You're PM has been received. I've replied with a request for a bit more information.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Alzone

PM with more information sent.

Thanks

Advertisement