Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistols - CO2 V Green Gas

Options
  • 17-10-2012 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I have a TM P226 that operates on green gas and I love it.

However...............a lot of guys I meet at skirmishes have co2 pistols and rave about the kickback, the noise it makes etc, plus I get ribbed that my pistol won't fire well when it gets cold. So I'm having a think about investing in a second pistol, a co2 one for plinking and for skirmishing when it gets cold.

Any opinions on a good co2 pistol, what brand, which pistol etc, and any drawbacks to co2 pistols that I should take into account? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭gouldian

I've got this ond Dave http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1121&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26 and I find it to be a great shooter. I also have a TM MEU to compare it to and this pistol is just as accurate. Maybe I just got lucky. It comes supplied with a green gas mag - the co2 mags cost about €26. Some of the guys here have commented previously that the co2 mags require alot of attention to prevent leaks. In my case the green mag leaked but the co2 mag is still fine for now. CO2 is more expensive, and probably because of the high flow valve the pistol does get really cold if shot quickly but it still runs OK. In our cold climate at this time of the year you don't have much choice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

the tm pistols will work in the cold, more so then the co2 ones, the year we had the snow, only the tm pistols worked where as the co2 guns got 1 or 2 shots off before the valves froze open and vented :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭kev-Oakridge

If you want to go co2 I can't recommend the kwc 1911, the 100th anniversary one, works very well even in the cold, the other co2 pistols all seemed to get affected by it over last winter, especially as hobby have the mags in at the min

For the tm pistols I found mine worked fine once it was kept at body temp, perfect option is a shoulder holster, I have to say I can't get over the accuracy of my tm 5 7, never fired the 226 though, but I was using it on the firing range in the freezing cold on Sunday morning and went through 3 mags quickly without any issues and was more accurate than the aegs that were there then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

So maybe I don't need a CO2 pistol then:confused:

I'll hold off then to see how my 226 behaves in the cold. I can save the money I was going to spend on a CO2 pistol as I do fancy buying the Walther P38 when it comes back into stock in MIA. It'll go nicely with my STG44;)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

I was having the same problem only last week! TM p226 green gas shoot a few bb's then vented through the barrel. Solved the problem by keeping the pistol and mag warm I use a dropleg so tightened it up so the grip was actually on my leg getting heat. Not a problem full mag emptied:) as for the spare mag kept it in my pocket kept it snug in there only problem I found with that was slower mag change as had to go to my pocket. But hey 2 more seconds as opposed to 2 bb's being shot. Works for me it may for you:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement