Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with canceling the switch request..

Options
  • 26-09-2011 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi,

We currently on Vodafone home broadband connection. Our current connection is on my wife's name. On 14th September evening I got a call from Eircom customer executive regarding new features and offers. Actually we were with eircom and switched to Vodafone be cause of our excess usage of broadband. We have 70-90 GB usage per month because of my work.

So this guy told me that, he will put me on a basic connection of which will be some where around €51 per month. and on October 19th I have to ring him and he will put a 12 month contract for 250GB per month connection. Since it was a sudden attack,I fell in this 250GB offer with out thinking anything. Then he told me he will sent an invitation letter for this, and if i wish I can cancel my order with in 10days. So I agreed to that. and he asked me to answer few questions. And I answered it.

After that call only I came to notice that there is a contract between my wife and current provider for the connection and it will complete only by November. So I was waiting for the letter to cancel my request, because I don't have any contact information for the same. And on last Friday I tried to contact the sales executive, but he never picked his direct line. And also I wrote an email to eircom customer care regarding this, because I already have that in my address book.

On Saturday we got the invitation letter from eircom, dated 16th September saying that we have to cancel the request before Friday 24th September 2011. Since your customer care is working on Monday to Friday, I was not able to contact them on that day.

When I tried to contact them today, they are saying, the cooling off period is over so they can't do any thing. And now they are saying there is a contract of 12 months for the same. But the customer care executive never told me that there is a contract of this normal connection, he said there will be a contract for 250GB upgrade. When I talked about this to customer care, they said they can't do any thing regarding this till i switched to eircom. So that means, my wife has to break the contract with current provider to check that whether the customer care executive told me about the contract or not.

Another thing I came to notice is that, it will take 10 days to reach a letter from eircom to the customer with in Ireland. and the letter will reach him only on the day after cooling of period.

What ever it is, there is a family issue with. The current connection is on my wife's name. and eircom switched that by talking to me. She never agreed for this with them. Only I am the person agreed for their terms. And they sent a letter on her name regarding the switching. Now she is not ready to switch it from current provider, because she has to pay a penalty for breaking the same. So now she is not even talking to me.

So I don't know what to do. I am waiting for the reply to the email sent to customer care. Hope the almighty will help me to resolve the issue.

Joby

Advertisement