Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Drafts - Lodging to International Banks

Options
  • 25-09-2011 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Guys,

I have a bank draft issued from a bank in the republic, and would like to know if i can lodge that into a Bank in Northern Ireland?

Is it possible to do this and will the Receiving bank charge me for handling?

Is my best option to Lodge it into an account in the republic and Transfer online?

Im not sure what is my best option?

Any help guys would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 schoolhouse

some euro drafts have marked on them that they can only be lodged in ROI. International euro drafts can be lodged to your NI account but your NI bank will treat it as an foreign exchange transaction, charge accordingly and clearing funds will take longer.
    I would lodge to your ROI account if Euro draft and when funds clear, transfer funds electronically to NI account where they will be cleared immediately and also incur fewer charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 IainsAenima

I heard that Burea de Change can accept drafts and issue you currency with less fees then banks would?
    is there any truth in that?

Advertisement