Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greed

Options
  • 21-11-2010 6:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

It has to be said: us humans are a greedy lot! why else would such a thing as the IMF exist.
    You can call for the head of ahern, fitzpatrick or neary but it must be clear to all,if we were in the same situation as any of these men we would do the same thing.
    Why?
    Cos were human,an Insane bunch

~Do you know anybody who given the chance to develop a plot of land in order to make a few million, would turn it down just in case it effected the public finances?

~Do you know anybody who would pass up a Bonas! cos it might not be good for the country

All politician's are voted in to the position they hold, i.e they are the people we elect

We the people are very very greedy, and all we care about is No.1, so whats all the fuss about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭CliffHuxtabel

We the people are very very greedy, and all we care about is No.1, so whats all the fuss about?

Greed is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Common as...

Greed is good
    Im not sayin it isin't, but what are people getting all bothered about.As if to say they were any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Please don't lump me in with Seanie Fitzpatrick, Bertie or the "ordinary" Irish person who spend well beyond their means during the Celtic Tiger days. I, and may other Irish people, am not like them and don't appreciate being associated with them. It is bad enough that I will be paying for their greed for the rest of my life but I refuse to accept the same responsibility for their actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Maybe everyone you know or have met is a greed driven traitorous leech. This does not mean that there are not some decent people around who do not lie, steal or sell their country people into slavery as a matter of course.
    There are still people who put other peoples needs ahead of their own and I am lucky enough to know plenty of them. If you don't know any of them then I am sorry for your experience and hope you run into them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

....We the people are very very greedy, and all we care about is No.1, so whats all the fuss about?

You can end your generalisations right there, when I returned to this Island the Tiger was in full swing. I was nearly beheaded for ridiculing it and it's pretentious superficiality at the time. A lot of people lost the run of themselves alright and a lot of people did not. So speak for yourself and not everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The part about the housing boom that confused me - and not just here in Ireland - is the way large numbers wanted to be a landlord and were buying-to-let. You can't all be landlords: where are the tenants? Or are you all just going to rent off each other?

Much has been said about the "fundamental right" to own a home, and how this relates to Ireland's history ... but if the English landlords were the bad guys, it doesn't make much sense to emulate them, does it? Funny how people only remember history when it looks like new history is being made in front of them. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

While I like money as much as the next man it was never my God and never will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Common as...

05:42 AAAaaaah my head:D
    Maybe everyone you know or have met is a greed driven traitorous leech. This does not mean that there are not some decent people around who do not lie, steal or sell their country people into slavery as a matter of course.
    There are still people who put other peoples needs ahead of their own and I am lucky enough to know plenty of them. If you don't know any of them then I am sorry for your experience and hope you run into them soon.

Not everyone, but when it comes to money most people I Know are greed driven.
    The very fact that now in 2010 you know and care about what someone like seanie fitz did, would say to me that you are like myself and most people I know(greedy for money).
    Thats not to say that your not a nice person.
    But now that it seems the actions of a few so called greedy will effect your own wealth your very pissed of with the few.
    Just because your not interested in buying expensive stuff doesn't mean your not greedy for money because for a lot a people money can buy them security,freedom from work etc.
    Do people really believe that if certain individuals didn't exist we wouldn't have the problems we now have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

05:42 AAAaaaah my head:D

Not everyone, but when it comes to money most people I Know are greed driven.
    The very fact that now in 2010 you know and care about what someone like seanie fitz did, would say to me that you are like myself and most people I know(greedy for money).
    Thats not to say that your not a nice person.
    But now that it seems the actions of a few so called greedy will effect your own wealth your very pissed of with the few.
    Just because your not interested in buying expensive stuff doesn't mean your not greedy for money because for a lot a people money can buy them security,freedom from work etc.
    Do people really believe that if certain individuals didn't exist we wouldn't have the problems we now have.

Yes I like money BUT it isn't in me to harm others just so I could profit. I am as interested in owning "expensive stuff" as any man - but anything I own has been earned honestly. I have had good times and hard times and if, as looks likely, I am to go through hard times again it will be entirely because a small number of our citizens very coolly and very deliberately decided to loot my country. In doing so they have harmed me and my wife and sold my children's future.I am entitled to feel anger towards them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

mmmnnom nnyyoomm ....I've just eaten 6 tacos and I can confirm that ....nyom...greed is definitely good! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

greed and ambition are not the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

You cant help being greedy sometimes. Everytime I open a packet of Jaffa Cakes I only ever intend to have 2 or 3 max. How many do I end up having? yes, 15. Now that is just being greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Devil08 wrote: »
    You cant help being greedy sometimes. Everytime I open a packet of Jaffa Cakes I only ever intend to have 2 or 3 max. How many do I end up having? yes, 15. Now that is just being greedy.

The standard packet of jaffa cakes I believe contains 12 cakes, therefore you would have to eat an entire packet and move onto a second packet for an extra three. It is exactly this kind of mentality that has Ireland today requiring a €120bn bail out, if only we as a nation had learned to moderate our jaffa cake eating we could have enjoyed a nice cuppa with a jaffa or two every now and then and not endangered the very sovereignty of our state, shame on you...SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!

Advertisement