Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegas and rendering

Options
  • 24-10-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Which setting is best to render on sony vegas 9 ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

For what? Youtube?

I use:

Windows Media Video V11 (*.wmv)

6 Mbps HD 720-30p Video

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Tallon wrote: »
    For what? Youtube?

I use:

6 Mbps HD 720-30p Video

This. Although I slightly modify mine to ideally match the input settings. And I 1080p where the source media allows.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

TheChrisD wrote: »
    This. Although I slightly modify mine to ideally match the input settings. And I 1080p where the source media allows.

Is there a point in using 1080p when yt automatically downscales to 720?

Genuine question, I'm just learning this stuff, I have been using 720 but nothing stopping me using 1080 if it'll be an improvement and I want a vid in particularly good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Tallon wrote: »
    For what? Youtube?

I use:

6 Mbps HD 720-30p Video

i remember using that one from the last time , it took me ages to find it this time , i dont know why :D.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Genuine question, I'm just learning this stuff, I have been using 720 but nothing stopping me using 1080 if it'll be an improvement and I want a vid in particularly good quality.

Personally i think 720 is extremely good quality , bad points on going 1080 for me would be , longer render , larger file , longer upload.

• Advertisement

Shammy wrote: »
    i remember using that one from the last time , it took me ages to find it this time , i dont know why :D.

Thanks

No bother

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Funny, just noticed today yt seems to have a 1080p option all of a sudden.

Funny, just noticed today yt seems to have a 1080p option all of a sudden.

They've always had that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It's had a 1080p option for a good while now and it even now supports 4K as well, so it's not as if 1080p is the absolute limit.

I generally render in it as it's the most ideal seeing as my source media is now all 1080p (bar recording emulators), so playback in full screen doesn't have to be stretched from 720p, and I have the hard drive space and the speed/bandwidth to utilise it.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    and I have the hard drive space and the speed/bandwidth to utilise it.

I hate you !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

If its for youtube, try to create a smaller file size with the best quality.

MP4 with a decent bitrate (4k+) generally does a decent job, and will look fine when viewed fullscreen.

However, from my experience (other may vary obviously) most people don;t bother switching youtube to fullscreen, so encoding to 1080p might be more than a little bit of a waste of time and bandwidth.

So personally, MP4, up to 720p, 4096 bitrate, and audio encoded to AAC at 128kbps is more than sufficient, and should yield nice sized vids with good quality. (i.e 400MB~ per 10 mins).

Advertisement