Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tabular* problem

Options
  • 27-03-2010 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭

Hi, Trying to get a table with 7 columns to fit in a pdf. I'm using the tabluar* tag to try and change the text width so it'll fit on the page but it won't typeset with different text widths. Code is below
    \noindent\begin{tabular*}{0.5\textwidth}{@{\extracolsep{\fill}} c c c c c c c}

\textbf{Ambient} & \textbf{Energy$(kV)$} & \textbf{Dose$(cm^{-3})$} & \textbf{Temp$(^{o}C)$} & \textbf{Time$(m)$} & \textbf{Peak Conc$(Divisions)$} & \textbf{Junction Depth$(\mu m)$} \\ 

$Inert$ & $70$ & $1e13$ & $1000$ & $30$ & $17.6$ & $0.435$ \\ 
    $DryO_{2}$ & $70$ & $1e13$ \\ 
    \end{tabular*}

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Firstly, your last row is missing a few items, I think?

Your best bet is to take the table and multiply its size by 0.75 (or so). To do this, check out the scalebox command.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

the last row is missing a few items, i left it that way until i could get the columns sorted.....That worked though thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

For specifying column/table widths, you might find the tabularx package a little easier to work with. I find it quite handy.

Advertisement