Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i read

Options
  • 19-03-2010 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

that non drinkers suffer more depression than drinkers. whats your thoughts? i can see why tbh, especially true for our country we live in where alcohol is such a big part of life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ciaran187

Well i suffer with depression so that's one of the main reasons i quit. But like any addiction, when your without, depression can set in. I'm not saying everyone here is an alcoholic but i would imaging the majority of people who don't drink would be recovering alcoholics.

For example, i would say i don't drink, but i might have the odd one. I never had a problem with drink but i would get bad depression with the hangovers. Since i have the odd drink (literally 1 in a blue moon) i might not qualify for that study.

edit: i had depression before quitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

well im coming from the perspective from those of us who have never drank.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Was that research commisioned by Guinness?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Its because drinkers have killed off their depression brain cells, lucky bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

unreggd wrote: »
    Its because drinkers have killed off their depression brain cells, lucky bastards

Korsakoffs Syndrome:

suffered by chronic alcoholics in the last stages of their illness....

sorry if I'm being a party pooper,but this disease is a long way from being funny.:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement