Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zipping Frontpage folder

Options
  • 18-02-2010 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Hi!

I had to design a website for college, no tutorial nothin and I`m an accounts student! Well managed to design it but I`m suppose to send it through an upload point zipped. It won`t zip don`t know what to do anyone any idea how to zip a site?

Should also mention I`m doing it through a college desktop from my moodle so its not on my laptop as I don`t have frontpage.

Any help gratefully received!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

The website is in a folder, just zip the folder. What OS you using, usually can right click on folder and send to zip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

no thats why I`m posting theres no option to zip when I right click I`m using a desktop in the college server.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I am assuming it is probably xp as the OS if so then right click and choose send to and then there is an option for compressed folder. that is the same as a zip file. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Download WinZip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Can someone change the thread title, as this has nothing to do with Frontpage ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

tommycahir wrote: »
    I am assuming it is probably xp as the OS if so then right click and choose send to and then there is an option for compressed folder. that is the same as a zip file. :)
    chakotha wrote: »
    Download WinZip

I'd go with one of these options. The Send to > Compressed Folder will work across newer versions of Windows as well, as far as I recall.

You might not have admin rights to install software on a college computer.

Advertisement