Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

stepper motors

Options
  • 01-12-2009 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

how can you improve the design of them if you had to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

mink_man wrote: »
    how can you improve the design of them if you had to?

forgive me but whats a stepper motor?????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

A stepper motor is used in electronics, nothing to do with cars. It allows you to move the motor a precise amount of degrees in certain directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

A stepper motor is used in electronics, nothing to do with cars. It allows you to move the motor a precise amount of degrees in certain directions.

i was wondering there for a mo... had never heard of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Is this anything to do with Motors?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

They have become more widely used in the last 10 years, used to control throttle flaps, A/C control etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They're also used for the analogue gauges in modern instrument panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think a thread on the design of stepper motors is better suited to the electronics forum. OP repost there if you like. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement