Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sell laptop

Options
  • 15-10-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I have a dell inspiron 1720 laptop, 2 years old, very high spec, still under hardware warrenty, cost 2k new
    I'm looking to sell it or trade it in, i really dont know how to go about upgrading?..
    any suggestions would be much appreciated...
    Scott

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Open Source.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Try eBay or Advertes.ie for selling the unit. I doubt you will find anywhere willing to trade it in. Why exactly do you want to get rid of it? What is it that you want it to do that its doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 scottbigbee

majiktripp wrote: »
    Try eBay or Advertes.ie for selling the unit. I doubt you will find anywhere willing to trade it in. Why exactly do you want to get rid of it? What is it that you want it to do that its doesn't?

Basically it's 17" with is not very efficient for lugging around into college every day. It's becoming increasingly more important that i have it with me most of the time.
    So id be interested in buying a smaller more up to date unit...

Would you consider getting a seperate netbook for college work? You probably wont get a great deal of cash for the laptop now second hand unfortunately, might be worth hanging on to it and using as a desktop replacement.

Would you consider getting a seperate netbook for college work? You probably wont get a great deal of cash for the laptop now second hand unfortunately, might be worth hanging on to it and using as a desktop replacement.

If i'm being honest not really, as i said im a student!!!ha
    any idea what i should look for it, it cost 1.9k new and its perfect condition, new battery unit charger adapters etc..?.
    Cheers

• Advertisement

Whats the exact spec of the machine or the service tag? The fact its in warranty is good as this can be extended by the new owner too (at a cost obviously) but without the specs its had to put a valuation on it.

Whats the exact spec of the machine or the service tag? The fact its in warranty is good as this can be extended by the new owner too (at a cost obviously) but without the specs its had to put a valuation on it.

service tag is CHGQB3J

Advertisement