Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€100 Hotel Voucher

Options
  • 26-02-2009 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

When you spend €50 at Atlantic Homecare. You can stay 2 nights B&B for 200 or 3 nights during the week.

http://atlantichotelbreaks.com/

If anyone has a voucher they ain't usin, can I have your number from it, please? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

WindSock wrote: »
    When you spend €50 at Atlantic Homecare. You can stay 2 nights B&B for 200 or 3 nights during the week.

http://atlantichotelbreaks.com/

If anyone has a voucher they ain't usin, can I have your number from it, please? :D

cheers for this, i will be doing diy over the next few weeks so ill let you know if i have a voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Not being smart but this isn't much of a bargain is it? Seems rather expensive still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jister

Spend £40 in heatons up north and you get the same break for £160. I didn't go into the details but I think you can spend it down here as well, so it works out around €180 instead of €200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

The voucher numbers are all the same and the hotel never asks for the voucher. Ive been using the same DID voucher code for 3 years now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

Its actually cheaper to just call and book the nights without mentioning any voucher.
    Mentioning the voucher just means you've accepted the price on it. This kind of offer has been a scam for years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Don't agree Bob, we booked the Woodies version of this a couple of times to go to Belfast Ramada.

Can't get anything like this price either by phoning or on the internet.

I guess it depends on hotel but I would not discard this offer completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Hi - does anyone have a voucher number I can use? I have numbers for londis and sasha spa breaks - they never change - thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Peckley

I work in a hotel and we do the Supervalu breaks, any staff member can ring up and book any of the breaks without having the stamps. They dont even check if your working in the hotel !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Peckley wrote: »
    I work in a hotel and we do the Supervalu breaks, any staff member can ring up and book any of the breaks without having the stamps. They dont even check if your working in the hotel !

I can easily understand that. We've been ringing around a few hotels looking for a deal on a 3 night mid week break for myself, the wife and the little one. I must admit I was quite impressed with the amount of offers out there. Granted there are still some hotels with their head in the sand but there are hotels offering good packages. We got a 3 night mid week stay, Superior room, 2 evening meals, breakfast all mornings for €380...and this is in a 4 Star hotel, not bad I feel.

I can easily understand that. We've been ringing around a few hotels looking for a deal on a 3 night mid week break for myself, the wife and the little one. I must admit I was quite impressed with the amount of offers out there. Granted there are still some hotels with their head in the sand but there are hotels offering good packages. We got a 3 night mid week stay, Superior room, 2 evening meals, breakfast all mornings for €380...and this is in a 4 Star hotel, not bad I feel.

Sad that you could fly to another European city and get a 4 or 5* hotel and some sun for less than a hotel here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

When a hotel can match D4Hotels offer of €20/€39 room only per night, THEN i'll consider it a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

bobbbb wrote: »
    Sad that you could fly to another European city and get a 4 or 5* hotel and some sun for less than a hotel here.

Examples?

yes but you have to factor in cost for the flights, peak season, three people, charges for buggy etc...then there's the hassle of possible delayed flights etc..trust me, I would have gone to Europe before children came along but since the little one came along things change you know!

I feel I am getting a fair and reasonable deal while still contributing to this ailing economy by keeping my money in the country and supporting a local family run business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

These 'voucher' deals can be great value.

We used the DID one a couple of years back.

At the time the deal was for 2/3 nights, with one evening meal. Kids went free but we paid €5 for dinner for them. So IIRC around €210 midweek for 3 nights B&B plus one dinner for family of 2+2.

The hotel owner was gobsmacked at what we were paying and insisted on telling us exactly how much we would have paid going direct. We would have (wouldn't ever have) paid over €700. We got 3 days in Disneyland Paris including flights for less than what we 'saved'.

Examples?

yes but you have to factor in cost for the flights, peak season, three people, charges for buggy etc...then there's the hassle of possible delayed flights etc..trust me, I would have gone to Europe before children came along but since the little one came along things change you know!

I feel I am getting a fair and reasonable deal while still contributing to this ailing economy by keeping my money in the country and supporting a local family run business.

August 2008

Flew to Bratislava and back for €40 per person total.
    Stayed in a 4* hotel in the city center for 2 nights (€110 total for 2 nights for 2 people with breakfast). They charge per room and not per person (another rip-off practice in Ireland).

Fantastic Dinner in a nice restaurant on the main square was €22 - €30 a head (would be cheaper off the main square).
    Drinks cost next to nothing. €6 for a bottle of wine. €1 for a glass of beer.

Bus to vienna for €20 return.
    Spent another 2 nights in Vienna.
    Hotel Room 4* center was €75 per night for the room and breakfast again NOT PP.

Food was about €30 a head for dinner. Cheap drinks.

Back to Bratislava for another night and then flew home.

July 2008

Flew to Paris. €70 return each total
    Hotel Near the Opera house €90 per night per room.
    Breakfast €10 each extra.
    Dinner about €25 - €50 per head depending where you eat.
    Wine dirt cheap (cheaper than coka cola even)

#

June 2008

Flew to Paris. €60 return each total
    Hotel Near of Las Ramblas €100 per night per room
    Breakfast €10 each extra.
    Dinner about €25 - €35 per head depending where you eat.
    Drink - Cheaper than here

There are cheaper flights and cities too. I just wanted to see those ones.

Until hotels here get rid of the Per Person charge they just cant compete. What a rip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SMcDDB

Please post if anyone has a voucher code. Very interested in this deal. Thanks for the post::)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

charges for buggy etc.....

Never been charged for bringing a buggy in my life. Nearly always been allowed to bring it to the boarding gate too.

If the deal is right I'm all for supporting local/family businesses but aside from deals, if I can fly to Europe, stay cheaper and eat & drink cheaper then there's no logic in paying over the odds here.

Fact is we shouldn't have to rely on special deals/offers/promotions/vouchers. We could probably all get a European break for similar or less money than we could get a break in Ireland. Tramore or Barcelona/Paris/Prague/Bratislava??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Heatons have a similar (identical actually) deal. Spend €50 in the store and get a €100 voucher
    http://www.heatonsstores.com/aspx/dynamiccontent.aspx?loc=261&menuId=25&pmenuId=0
    http://www.heatonshotelbreaks.com/

Advertisement