Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon 5d battery problems

Options
  • 05-01-2009 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

I have a Canon 5d (about 2.5yrs old) with a battery grip utilising two batteries (one canon and one jessops, jessops about a year newer).

the camera indicated low power so charged both batteries, which didnt take long but when back in camera low charge was indicated again (half bar). the camera has died twice (once when up a mountain with beautiful sunset - grrr).

ive 'decharged' the battery by leaving the camera on overnight (auto-off ;off) then complete recharge.

battery indicator showing full for a bit then half bar again.

im not sure whether its the batteries or the camera, my suspicsion is the camera. one of the metal contact pins on the battery pack is 'in' - not sure if this is normal.

id rather not buy new batteries as there expensive, when im back in dublin ill head to conns where i bought the gear but anyone throw any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Did you try them both separately without the grip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭feileacan

just tried separately, both show full charge.

so, looks like the grip.

i think it might be this pin, could be jammed in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

try cleaning the contacts on the battery grip.

also batteries can 'die'

see if you can borrow somebody elses. Or you can buy generic ones on ebay for around €5 which in my experience last just as long as canon originals

do they work properly without the battery grip? (not just show a full charge)

Advertisement