Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burstner Window Recall

Options
  • 07-11-2008 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Came across this on another forum. I have the problem with one of my windows on a 1998 Burstner, currently trying to get it sorted.
    Corkbuoy

"The October 2008 issue of the French motorcaravan magazine " Le Monde du Camping-Car" includes an article about a joint campaign between Burstner and the acrylic-window manufacturer Polyplastic to check the security/integrity of Polyplastic windows fitted to Burstner motorhomes built from 1998 to 2005. Apparently there have been cases of the bond between the inner and outer 'panes' failing on windows that have been exposed to very strong sunlight.

If you own a 1998-2005 Burstner, then I strongly suggest you visit Polyplastic's website (www.polyplastic.nl) as soon as possible. The website carries full details of the campaign, how you can identify whether your motorhome's windows need checking, what the repair procedure involves, FAQs, etc."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I dont have a Burstner but that happened to two windows on the MH that I have and I'm nearly sure they are polyplastic windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HBAMS

Did you get your Windows fixed??

We have a Burstner Delfin 680.
    We bought in Germany and didn't get a recall.
    Seen the recall on other forums.
    Where do you find number to give to Burstner.
    Where did you get it done?
    Thanks in advance.
    N.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

I didn't get the repair done yet. I was advised by Burstner Germany to contact Anchorpoint Motorhomes who are the only Burstner dealer in Ireland. They took my details but have not had any callback from them to date.

My van was also bought in Germany and I only became aware of the problem when one of my windows delaminated and I was searching for a replacement.

The number you need is not the base vehicle chassis number but the Burstner serial number. This is supposed to be on a plate possibly near the caravan door but was not on mine. I supplied the chassis number to a UK Burstner dealer (Chelston Motorhomes) who were then able to give me the Burstner serial number. This number when input into the Polyplastic query form indicates if your van is affected.

pat

Advertisement