Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Living Dead Walk The Streets Of Dublin?

Options
  • 15-10-2008 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Grrhhh Brains ugh Graahh Braaaainsss…..

Does the thought of gory rotting Zombies shuffling through Dublin center, groaning and moaning, get your blood up? Does meeting up with lots of other Living dead enthusiasts for movies and other social stuff, seem like a good night out? If you can say yes to these questions, why not help me set up a Dublin Zombie Walk and a Zombie club?

All ideas and people are welcome and since this is a “zombie club” in its infancy, the sooner you get in the more you’ll help shape the future of Dublin Living Dead enthusiasts Club? (Can you think of a better name?)

I have contacted some of the more established sites/clubs for advice and feedback (today that is) so, hopefully, I’ll soon know more about how to go about setting up a walk and club.
    I’m looking forward to hearing from all Zombie enthusiasts and in the mean time remember: Machetes don’t run out of ammo!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

Ah yeah sounds good, Anarcho Zombies FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DanishViking

OLP wrote: »
    Ah yeah sounds good, Anarcho Zombies FTW
    So you up for trying to start something up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Zorglaks Open Makeup Bilingual Information expo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Great idea. Also thinking can we all do this randomly so there are literally hoards of zomboardies roaming the street? You know freak the shee-ite out of passers by. Would love to see their faces.

chin_grin wrote: »
    You know freak the shee-ite out of passers by. Would love to see their faces.
    Ha yeah could be fun, but unfortunately if you wanna get permission for walk like this you have to adhere to public behauvior acts ie. be nice.
    you can see the rule here and also get an idea about what I want to start up http://www.blackpoolzombiewalk.com/ and http://www.terror4fun.com/ is a good site too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Three years ago, we had a Z flash mob in Stephens Green Shopping centre, which then went down Grafton St (Stopping in McDonalds for some Eurosaver Brains) and on to Temple Bar for a re-enactment of that Lucozade ad (Beat Boxes and all :D )

I think we'll plan another one for this year... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Who needs a zombie club? I know where you can see the emergency services being overstrained, hordes of the undead literally moaning and bumping into walls and eating slimy food and people laying on the road injured. Just walk down O'Connell and Grafton street at 3am on Saturday night; it feels like you just stepped onto the set of Dawn of the Dead (the old one)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

Is this the closest we'll see of the living dead walking the streets of Dublin? :p

0001cf3b10dr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Grrhhh Brains ugh Graahh Braaaainsss…..

Does the thought of gory rotting Zombies shuffling through Dublin center, groaning and moaning, get your blood up?
    No, the demise of dublin would be the one good thing about a Zombie outbreak.

Overall I think your plan is shameful, It's treachery against the living. Pretending to be Zombies. Tsk, tsk.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Three years ago, we had a Z flash mob in Stephens Green Shopping centre, which then went down Grafton St (Stopping in McDonalds for some Eurosaver Brains) and on to Temple Bar for a re-enactment of that Lucozade ad (Beat Boxes and all :D )

I think we'll plan another one for this year... :D

"We Dont Care"

That would be sooo much fun. Who's in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Drunkmonkey79

Good idea, Sounds like a bit o laugh.

Hi guys,

So are you up for planing something or are you just talking the talk?

I got in contact with the people doing the Blackpool zombie walk and they have given me some good starter advice, but would be nice to be more then one doing the planing. What could be good is if any one knows how to set up a brilliant looking internet site.

Any way if any of you really are up for getting this project started( and not just fecking about giving comments on Boards.ie) please drop me a line on private messages and we can get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

I'd enjoy being photographed infront of you lot :D

let me know when ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Aye it was good craic alright. We did end up being barred from Stephens Green shopping centre and HMV though... As long as you're cool with that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Actually, could be fun for a few of us airsoft lads to dress up in BDUs(Battle Dress Uniform) to be chased by a whorde of zombies:p

I'm a bit busy right now but would love to help plan this in a bit.

Advertisement