Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombies Don't Run

Options
  • 26-05-2008 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭

www.zombiesdontrun.com

I'd just like to see what people's thoughts are on this subject. I feel that if it runs, it aint a zombie. I follow Max Brook's zombie survival guide/bible as it follows the traditional zombie definition. I thoroughly enjoyed the Dawn of the Dead remake but I won't call it a zombie movie. So, can zombies run? you know my opinion, what's yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Most of the old Living Dead movies all depict Zombies as slow walkers, as dose Resident Evil and Red Faction2(Of course they were mutated Zombies)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I have to agree. I hate the way people refer to the 28 Days/Weeks Later monsters as "Zombies". They're infected you idiots!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie

a zombie is a reanimated corpse. No reason why it cant run. In fact, without the ability to feel pain, there's no reason why a zombie couldnt outrun anything else on legs. until of course it decays to a point where joints and mucle have deteriorated so much that only a shifting of weight can move it forward (a type of shuffling gait). So perhaps OLD zombies cant run and younger ones can ?

Not feeling pain etc. wouldnt zombies be super strong too ? ie pulling at a door until either the door opens or its arm rips off......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I hope they don't, if they do.. well that ****in puts a spanner in the works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

I think it's their lack of motor function.

In films they usually seem to be shambling around rather than walking. Sort of very drunk stagger.

Imagine trying to run after 12 pints and you'll get some idea of why they can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Stop living in the dark ages people!

Dont prepare for an onslaught of strollers to have all your hard work thrown out the window by a reanimated Sonia O'Sullivan!!!

Advertisement