Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using eircoms 2247nwg as wireless bridge

Options
  • 10-05-2008 5:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys,

I have NTL broadband, and have a Belkin f5d9230-4 router connected to my modem. All my devices connect to the Belkin to network each other and share data, printers, scaners, webcams, etc.
    • WD MybookWorld 1TB NAS -> wired
    • Dell PC -> wired
    • Apple iMac -> wireless
    • Apple itouch -> wireless
    • Dell Laptop -> wireless
    • Nokia N95 -> wireless
    I also have a Linux set-top box that I would like to have on the network to stream movies/TV shows etc. The set top box only has an ethernet connection.

I have an eircom configured netopia 2247nwg that was sitting in a box that I would like to use. I'd like to put the netopia router sitting behind the TV conecting to the set-top box and wirelessly bridging to the Belkin to keep it on the network.

Does anyone know if this is possible, through settings available as standard, or by flashing firmware, or if anything other than trailing a 20 meter ethernet cable through walls and around the house can be done.:rolleyes:

Thanks for any help;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Bridging between different routers can be well-nigh impossible. It can be difficult enough when they're of the same manufacturer and model!

You could also use a power/ethernet adaptor (I think netgear make them), they just plug into a power socket and do ethernet over your power cables. You need two, one at the TV and one at your PC.

Advertisement