Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 11

Options
  • 20-06-2004 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

yo!
    i need some help, firstly IS final fantasy 11 every gona be released in europe. If so can some one give me somes dates please, if not is there a way i could download the game and get a cd key???? any help would be nice as i really play this game.:)
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

i heard that its gonna be released in the UK in october or thereabouts for PC and PS2 however it hasnt been confirmed when ireland or the rest of europe will receive it only UK confirmed last time i checked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Originally posted by Wing
    if not is there a way i could download the game and get a cd key???? any help would be nice as i really play this game.:)
    thanks.

This is a roleplaying forum, not a warez forum. Try somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

You could import the Japanese or American version. I think....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Fianna

Apparently Square Enix Europe are beta testing FFXI at the moment, they sent out e-mails to a certain number of fans (subscribers to some fanlisting I imagine) in May to offer them a chance to participate in the testing.

That's the last I heard of it. May never happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Trip

Is there an offline mode too with a story and stuff ?

• Advertisement

i heard there is an offline mode and an online mode too, also i heard that there will be a fee to play online, could be PS2 but paying to play a game on top of line rental charges etc. sounds ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

FF XI is online only. import it from www.dvdboxoffice.com it has free delivery.

it costs about 13 dollars a month play online and another dollar for everyone extra character you want to have and another dollar for the tetra master iirc.

when you get it from dvdboxoffice you must register the game with a u.s zip code. but you can give the credit card details of your home address

i have it since xmas haven't massivley gotten into it but i reckon its fun when it gets going

data

you pay a bit for the game itself and the ONLY way to play is online??

like i said a bit stupid making people pay 13 - 15 a month to play it

that makes me angry having to pay to play a game full time i have all the other ones but i wont be getting 11
    shame on square-enix for this lost my faith in them

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Wing

cheers dataisgod n1 :p
    cant wait to crack into it
    :):):):):):)

good stuff let me know how you get on with it and what server you get put onto and stuff

also i hope you're on bb as i had a 12 hour dial-up download on xmas day and i'm sure there's been more updates since then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I imported it ages ago. It's really poor.

Originally posted by Cina
    I imported it ages ago. It's really poor.

could you elaborate on that? it gameplay poor, graphics, combat? do you have to pay for it, online i mean?

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    FF XI is online only. import it from www.dvdboxoffice.com it has free delivery.

it costs about 13 dollars a month play online and another dollar for everyone extra character you want to have and another dollar for the tetra master iirc.

when you get it from dvdboxoffice you must register the game with a u.s zip code. but you can give the credit card details of your home address

me points to above post with regards to payment

ive heard all sorts of stories about payment and the likes sounds dodgy to pay unless its very very good

tis no story, i get the bill on my credit card

sigh

/me opens up the manual

Final Fantasy XI

the fee for a single content ID is $12.95 a month. the fee for each additional content ID is $1.00 a month. You can purchase up to sixteen content ID's total
    (fee is current as of october 2003)

Tetra master

the fee for a single content ID is $1.00 a month. you can only purchase one content ID for this service.
    (fee is current as of october 2003)

What's the release date for ireland again ? I know you can import it but i prefer the old fashined way of waiting for the game to be released :cool:

last i heard there was no confirmation it was gonna be released in europe at all

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    last i heard there was no confirmation it was gonna be released in europe at all

:o i "heard" that it was up for a christmas release :dunno:

last i heard though was november last year when i was gonna get it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

The graphics are very fuzzy, in retrospect good but the fuzziness ruins them.
    The levelling system is a joke, every time you level the amount of xp you get per mob halves but the amount needed doubles (I'm not talking about mobs in general, i.e, if you're killing mobs that are the same level as you one level, then the next level you kill ones the same level as you, you get half the xp)
    The controls are terrible, for PC anyway, probably much better on console though.
    The fight system is very very slow, they're trying to keep it with the whole turn based type of thing, while at the same time keep it in real time, it doesn't work.

Square imo have failed in making a good MMORPG< and there is better otu there/coming out.

• Advertisement

well i can see now why they wouldn't want to release it in ireland :( so is it actually worth the import ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ffxilad

First thing, sorry about reviving a dead post but this post caught my eye

"i have it since xmas haven't massivley gotten into it but i reckon its fun when it gets going"

I have it since Christmas also and it is the most addictive game ever. Someone also mentioned that the game is crap... BULL****!! I have well over 500 hours of gameplay and I'm ****in' addicted!

"The graphics are very fuzzy"

Maybe on your computer but on mine their a dream.

"The levelling system is a joke, every time you level the amount of xp you get per mob halves but the amount needed doubles (I'm not talking about mobs in general, i.e, if you're killing mobs that are the same level as you one level, then the next level you kill ones the same level as you, you get half the xp)"

That is absolute bollox, not true at all, I admit the leveling system and level differences system is very tedious but exp required dosn't double after level 10 it increases by 100 exp per level and when you level and are fighting a mob of the same level as before you don't get hay exp as before it may drop from like 200 per mob to like 150 but certainly not half.

In closing I'd like to say this is a great game and if anyone else is playing out there I'm Erza, Bahamut server, 17RNG/08NIN...

Advertisement