Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddypower and Crystal Palace Drama

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Superfint wrote: »
    My account has 46euro on it, with a pending withdrawal of 220euro.

After 1st withdrawal of 290euro, i had bout 30 in my account, other winner came in,etc.
    Then they resettled my 1st bet on Palace.
    Then my 1st withdrawal went back/didnt go through - my Creditcard linked to Paddys was expired so i think thats why.

So very quickly, with the 290 back, minus the bet 1 resettlement - i had 225 so i made my 2nd withdrawal to my current Visa debit card - of 220 euro.

Then late lastnight i had bet 2 on Palace resettled, leaving my balance on PP at -177 or something.

Woke up this morning & 46euro on the account, havn't & dont plan on talking to live help, just gonna wait till Friday now & hope.
    i'll be very interested to hear what happens to you since I used my Visa debit aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

I wish I had followed this bet....

No good will gesture eh?

Hi Mr, XXXXXXX

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]Thank you for contacting Paddy Power Customer Support.
    [/FONT]

I can confirm your balance was bought back to zero as a good will gesture by Paddypower

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

This has to be the greatest thread to wake up to in the morning..Here's my convo

Hello Phillip

Can you give me an update on my account history please?

How can I help?

my a/c was in negative last night due to a bet resettlement, now it's at 0

Phillip?

okay yes your account went negative after you withdrew winnings from your account after your Crystal Palace bet due to the price error.We have allowed you keep them funds and brought your balance back to even as a goodwill gesture rather than canceling the withdrawal and reclaiming the funds from the bet error.

Thanks for the clear up Phillip

Derek! wrote: »
    No good will gesture eh?

Hi Mr, XXXXXXX

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]Thank you for contacting Paddy Power Customer Support.[/FONT]

I can confirm your balance was bought back to zero as a good will gesture by Paddypower

Goodwill? Its cos they're trying to keep it quiet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Headshot wrote: »
    if my money comes thru, ill be giving you 50 euro as a thanks (im not joking)

fair play to you
    i wouldnt think twice about doing the same if i got on
    seems such a shame that buckf might not get paid and
    he's the reason everybody here is hundreds and more richer.
    maybe there's some hope yet

i wonder how many people were looking in on the thread and
    got on but never posted?

Your right mate, but if I get to keep the money for real I honestly wont mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Email away.......last hope of anything now at this stage. Guys is there a chance of getting a poll set up or something, to find out how many have been told to feck off and who get the good will gestures? Would be good to go to the press with if it came to it..

Email away.......last hope of anything now at this stage. Guys is there a chance of getting a poll set up or something, to find out how many have been told to feck off and who get the good will gestures? Would be good to go to the press with if it came to it..

Agree. If theres a hint of bad publicity on this one, everyone will get their winnings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No it's not, it's because they can't get the money back no matter what they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Is anybodys account still negative? (just curious)

Thank you
    agent.png There was an issue with the crystal palace bet last nigh, it was set up with the incorrect price. You received winnings and then withdrew them. The bet was resettled with the correct price. This put your account into a negative balance so we returned it to zero as a goodwill gesture
    user1.png so the winning are still winging their way to me?
    agent.png Yes you will still get the funds you withdrew
    user1.png And if i lodge to this account again were back in business?
    agent.png yes, we took you out of a negative balance and returned you to zero
    user1.png thank you, have a great day
    agent.png you too Darren

There you go, money in the bank

No it's not, it's because they can't get the money back no matter what they do.

But they wont admit that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I think all who are getting the two fingers from pp should come together and send this story off too a few media outlets see how pp reacts. its seriously unfair for the few to gain also seriously feel sorry the op

Contact the sun. They love a good story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Ive set up a poll on this in main gambling forum, could everyone please vote and post to clarify things.

Meant to post it in football section, hopefully a mod will move it soon.

Maybe we should donate a redundancy package to the poor sod who mixed this up!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Gonna be an intersting Friday this week when people are either overjoyed or thinking about rioting ...
    Who spotted this Crystal Palace game last night first

The one person who has got the 2 fingers so far from PP.

See Football thread part 1, yesterday 19.53

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

I will lodge money to your account if you cannot get money of them
    I think everyone who won should do the same ,
    If everyone gave say 20e ??

Maybe we should donate a redundancy package to the poor sod who mixed this up!

Yeah, reward for ****ing up.

If someone gets booted out for this, maybe next time that person will actually pay attention at what he is doing at his job.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Going to be moving posts from the footy tip thread into this one in due course( hopefully my internet will stop cutting out on me for me to be able to do this swiftly!)

This thread will be sticked too.

Ade

• Advertisement

Now im confused ? are we getting paid or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,927 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Now im confused ? are we getting paid or not ?

I think its just an image for the general public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Headshot wrote: »

Tut tut pp telling lies.. "punters affected by the correction of the mistake cannot expect to be compensated". and the confusion continues...

People you say they are getting paid should send off emials too the above website they'll soon be on the phone too pp

Bastards...They'd better..I was told it'd be receiving a good will gesture

The conversation I had with live help told me im getting paid ,
    However i didnt save this conversation or session id number anyway to pull it back up ?

They can hardly say in the press: yes, we made a mess and are happy to pay out everybody who jumped on it.

That would set a precedent for any future cock ups.

Like myself, when i put a bet on it last night i was thinking that they would be void before the match ended. So, just for the fun i put 2x a fiver.

Had i read about previous mistakes always being paid out to the full, i probably had put down slightly more than just 10 euro.

As far as I can see, if your account went negative and then back to 0, your laughing as thats the goodwill gesture, clearing the negativity from your account.

The money you withdrew is for keeps!

***** how is it a good will gesture takin the money back? what's so good about that?

• Advertisement

***** how is it a good will gesture takin the money back? what's so good about that?

Eh?

Advertisement