Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddypower and Crystal Palace Drama

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Derek! wrote: »
    Thanks, fingers crossed :)

What was your withdrawal method?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Nice one. Thought the bookies would for sure enforce their T&C but fair play, guessing they will just this for publicity.

Enjoy the monies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

What was your withdrawal method?
    Visa Debit, would that make much difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

This is the email i sent them, worth a shot.

I'm writing to complain firstly about your awful live help, One man left me mid conversation without providing an answer, Philip was his name.

Secondly to do with the Crystal palace incident last night. I won 80euro off a +2 handicap bet. Which i then withdrew straight away. Fifteen minutes later i won a 4 team accum worth 110. You then decided to re-settle my bet telling me they were the wrong odds and then proceeded to take 80 euro out of my winnings from the other bet, Which had nothing to do with it. My problem is is that some people who i know personally are getting the money that they won on the bet, Some of them were paid out in the thousands, Your live help told them this was a good will gesture. A good will gesture for a select few? That isn't right.

I have links to emails that these people have received from your support centre detailing this and telling them that they will receive their winnings as a good will gesture. I also have copies of several live help conversations, where your live help staff have also confirmed that they will receive their winnings. I have attached these to this e-mail.

This is a link to a blog which is forecast to over 1 million UK customers, In it you will see details of how people were paid their money as a good will gesture.

http://stretfordenders.net/paddy-power-blunder-but-happy-punters/

As you can see this is going mainstream, And I will be reporting to papers and radio later today or tomorrow if this is not sorted out soon, It's despicable that some people should get their money and others not. And your live help staff are nothing short of downright rude. I expected better from one the biggest companies in Ireland.

Yours, Paul.

Dunno Derek but I withdrew with my CC and it seems to have worked. Moving onto Stan James for a while just incase Paddy has something up his sleeve :p

• Advertisement

Dunno Derek but I withdrew with my CC and it seems to have worked. Moving onto Stan James for a while just incase Paddy has something up his sleeve :p
    haha you might be better off, I wont be goin back either way

Wait, baraca

You won the 110 and they took 80 off that? Have they not at least resettled that part and credit you with the 110 from your Accum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Thats the danger of online betting. They can claw back the money off you.

A lot harder to take it from you in person

Wait, baraca

You won the 110 and they took 80 off that? Have they not at least resettled that part and credit you with the 110 from your Accum?

No took the 80 out of the separate bet that i won moscow.

Wow, that's totally unacceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Me too , I think Paddy has something up his sleeve .
    I got onto Live help and he told me bascically Monies on the way and your account is back @ 0.00 and can lodge as normal now..

Whats next best bookies for using Soccer and Golf ( not betfair )

The moderator wont have long to wait til this thread gets full:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I got onto Live help and he told me bascically Monies on the way and your account is back @ 0.00 and can lodge as normal now..

Bet 365.

Victor Chandler are a joke, I had a couple bets with them and they closed my account

Boyles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Thats the danger of online betting. They can claw back the money off you.

A lot harder to take it from you in person

Anyone want to deposit money into their PP account and see how long it stays there :)

Vanbis wrote: »
    Anyone want to deposit money into their PP account and see how long it stays there :)

Ony 10-20 cos you could end up giving it back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

That won't be a problem, deposit away they won't/can't afford to touch it

Is anybodys account still negative? (just curious)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,992 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

buckfasterer did ya get sorted ?

Nope, back to €0.00

Royalflush had the biggest win last night that i saw posted except he had no screenshot or proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Ok live chat and ringing them up has both come back that im getting sweet F.A. They also deny all knowledge that some people are getting "good will gestures" and allowed to keep their winnings. I wouldnt be kicking up a fuss but this is a big whack of money i could have been having so why are some people getting to keep theirs and not me? Whats my next move?

Nope, back to €0.00
    Thanks, this is lousy of them if there only lettin some people keep the money!

Ok live chat and ringing them up has both come back that im getting sweet F.A. They also deny all knowledge that some people are getting "good will gestures" and allowed to keep their winnings. I wouldnt be kicking up a fuss but this is a big whack of money i could have been having so why are some people getting to keep theirs and not me? Whats my next move?

I've just e-mailed support you could do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,992 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

if my money comes thru, ill be giving you 50 euro as a thanks (im not joking)

Thanks, this is lousy of them if there only lettin some people keep the money!

I think it depends on the amounts won by people and if it was multiple bets or not. I only did the one bet myself. I won't know for sure if they're paying out until Friday/Monday when i can check my bank account.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Headshot wrote: »

A 5% finders fee....

Headshot wrote: »
    good man Headshot

I think it depends on the amounts won by people and if it was multiple bets or not. I only did the one bet myself. I won't know for sure if they're paying out until Friday/Monday when i can check my bank account.
    I have no chance then if that's true :(

For gods sake PP, the bankers and politicians have fleeced billions from the country. At least give these hardworking people the money they won. Pondering and settling some accounts and not others isnt any good for PR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

My account has 46euro on it, with a pending withdrawal of 220euro.

After 1st withdrawal of 290euro, i had bout 30 in my account, other winner came in,etc.
    Then they resettled my 1st bet on Palace.
    Then my 1st withdrawal went back/didnt go through - my Creditcard linked to Paddys was expired so i think thats why.

So very quickly, with the 290 back, minus the bet 1 resettlement - i had 225 so i made my 2nd withdrawal to my current Visa debit card - of 220 euro.

Then late lastnight i had bet 2 on Palace resettled, leaving my balance on PP at -177 or something.

Woke up this morning & 46euro on the account, havn't & dont plan on talking to live help, just gonna wait till Friday now & hope.

Advertisement