Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your biggest "get me out of here!" moment in a relationship?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭blackcard

Woke up to be greeted by her poo stained knickers on the wooden floor.
    Shagged her once more then headed her on.

Who says romance is dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Eimee90

You do know you can *not* be a virgin, and still refrain from being promiscuous, don't you?

I was being sarcastic if you read the original post. :rolleyes:

I'm a very socially awkward person.

So when the numerous hours of back-and-forth chit chat with women on Tinder resulted in a first date I was ecstatic. We had matched a week or two back to my surprise and started talking about our personal interests; TV shows, movies, and what not. After my conversational cannon fodder of questions started to run dry, I decided "**** it" and asked if she wanted to see Rogue One with me last Friday night. She said yes!

The night comes and I decide to start getting ready by picking out some nice looking clothes aside from the typical bull**** that I wear on a daily basis. Jeans, a white shirt, boots, and a nice jacket I'd received from my mother on Christmas. It was raining too so I grabbed an umbrella on my way out.

I get on the train and walk to the rendezvous. I wait 10 or so minutes and see her walking down the street. Nervous, I walk out into the rain with the umbrella to meet her. We shake hands, say hi to one another, and I ask if she's ready to head down to the movie theater. She says yes and off we go.

Here's where it went south.

We're walking through the rain and come up to a big, water-filled street corner. I'm not sure whether it was nerves or my own lack of social skills which compelled me to do what I did, but I immediately stop and start to take off my jacket. Confused, she asks what I'm doing to which I reply, "I got this." She quickly realizes what I'm about to do and starts saying "Oh, you don't have t-".

I cut her off by throwing my jacket into this huge puddle expecting her to walk on it and onto the curb like you see in old movies/shows. The silence quickly makes me realize what I've done. I mutter out a "After you..." and she continues to stare at me.

Without a word, she ghosts me on the spot. I pick my jacket up out of the puddle and make my walk of shame home.

Maybe next time.

This is not my story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

So when the numerous hours of back-and-forth chit chat with women on Tinder resulted in a first date I was ecstatic. We had matched a week or two back to my surprise and started talking about our personal interests; TV shows, movies, and what not. After my conversational cannon fodder of questions started to run dry, I decided "**** it" and asked if she wanted to see Rogue One with me last Friday night. She said yes!

The night comes and I decide to start getting ready by picking out some nice looking clothes aside from the typical bull**** that I wear on a daily basis. Jeans, a white shirt, boots, and a nice jacket I'd received from my mother on Christmas. It was raining too so I grabbed an umbrella on my way out.

I get on the train and walk to the rendezvous. I wait 10 or so minutes and see her walking down the street. Nervous, I walk out into the rain with the umbrella to meet her. We shake hands, say hi to one another, and I ask if she's ready to head down to the movie theater. She says yes and off we go.

We're walking through the rain and come up to a big, water-filled street corner. I'm not sure whether it was nerves or my own lack of social skills which compelled me to do what I did, but I immediately stop and start to take off my jacket. Confused, she asks what I'm doing to which I reply, "I got this." She quickly realizes what I'm about to do and starts saying "Oh, you don't have t-".

I cut her off by throwing my jacket into this huge puddle expecting her to walk on it and onto the curb like you see in old movies/shows. The silence quickly makes me realize what I've done. I mutter out a "After you..." and she continues to stare at me.

Without a word, she ghosts me on the spot. I pick my jacket up out of the puddle and make my walk of shame home.

Maybe next time.

This is not my story

Sounds like a great Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Maybe next time.

Oh God...did she literally just turn around and walk away?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

It all started very well , she was a student nurse,shy and quiet at first with a cheeky sense of humour.

I never saw the warning signs .. the roadrage , the way she played camogie , the occasional flashes of rage.

It ended when she tried to head butt a doorman in a pub.

Seriously, that's my kinda girl. Powa

I had a smooth enough run of things in terms of no major drama with relationships except for one year when I moved to another city for college and ended up going off the rails a bit myself.

I made the mistake of getting together with one of the girls I was living with but she was very hot and cold, refused to sit beside me watching a movie one time, threw a drink over me out of nowhere - I mean we were just having a chat and next thing I'm soaked in beer - when we were having a quiet one in a pub early in the evening. I ended up getting barred because she told the bouncers some concoction or other that they believed. I suppose her bullsiht story was more believable than the truth!

I said I didn't think it was working at that stage, which she seemed ok with but then I started getting these letters slid under the door of my room! Pages and pages of foolscap handwritten notes. The contents of these ranged from being very sorry for messing around to be apoplectic with rage at some imagined slight. This bit is relevant later - the way our rooms were laid out, and being student accommodation, our rooms were side-by-side and our beds were either side of the usual paper thin walls.

She started getting very friendly with another lad who I think was on her course or something so I thought phew, I'm off the hook. Not so.

I went out for a pint with one of my mates one night and ended up heading back with a girl and then the rest of it. I started seeing a lot of this new girl then but was wary about bringing her back to my apartment for obvious reasons but she was sharing with another girl who was getting a bit nose out of joint that her buddy was getting such regular service and she wasn't having an easy time of getting the ride. So, the inevitable comes around and I have to take the new girl back to mine.

I thought we'd get away with it when no one was up when we got back. Slipped into my rooms quietly, quick bone rattler and off to sleep.

Next morning we wake up starving and talk about going for breakfast but the new girl is having trouble remembering where her shoes are and my jacket has gone walkabouts. Turns out that my laptop and guitar had also disappeared. Out the window of a 4 story apartment block and into an open basement courtyard used by the offices the building was shared with, so, 5 stories down! Smashey smashey. And it was raining.

Had to get the off duty security man out to open the offices up so I could get the jacket and shoes back and try and get them dry, rest of the stuff was fukt. This all took a few hours. Meanwhile, new girl is left upstairs on her Todd making small talk with the other girl. "Sorry I ruined your shoes but sure they're only Penney's. hullaballoo is a prick, isn't he?"

What happened to the new waun? Did you ever see her again? Did she think any bad of ya? Morto

Maybe next time.

This is not my story

Crap, these stories tend to be funny (and not at the expense of the writer) Feel sorry for you , nice gesture. While weird, she sounded like a bit of a cow just to run off like that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

MPFGLB wrote: »

Surely this is far more appropriate...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I was on about the third date in a crowded pub where my date was squeezed onto a long chair against the wall and I was sitting on the other side of a table opposite her. We had had a few and the pub was very noisy so everyone was almost shouting to be heard. There was at least four total strangers sitting nearer to her than I was when the music stopped just as she asked "so are you only interested in the sex?"

She was looking expectantly at me waiting for an answer, as were the four total strangers sitting either side of her. It was like the job interview panel from hell. The fact that she was the original bobfoc (Body Off Baywatch, Face Off Crimewatch for non-Viz readers) meant everyone pretty much already knew the answer. I muttered something about 'talking later' and stared embarrassed at my shoes for about 10 minutes. When we finished the drink I suggested we try another pub. I have had to walk the walk of shame a few times in my life but never out of a crowded pub. I was never so relieved to close a door behind me.

On the plus side, when I informed her later that it was just the sex, she said she didn't mind!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I was on about the third date in a crowded pub where my date was squeezed onto onto a long chair against the wall and I was sitting on the other side of a table opposite her. We had had a few and the pub was very noisy so everyone was almost shouting to be heard. There was at least four total strangers sitting nearer to her than I was when the music stopped just as she asked "so are you only interested in the sex?"

She was looking expectantly at me waiting for an answer, as were the four total strangers sitting either side of her. It was like the job interview panel from hell. The fact that she was the original bobfoc (Body Off Baywatch, Face Off Crimewatch for non-Viz readers) meant everyone except pretty much already knew the answer. I muttered something about 'talking later' and stared embarrassed at my shoes for about 10 minutes. When we finished the drink I suggested we try another pub. I have had to walk the walk of shame a few times in my life but never out of a crowded pub. I was never so relieved to close a door behind me.

On the plus side, when I informed her later that it was just the sex, she said she didn't mind!

Was she a fafcam?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Maybe next time.

This is not my story

So everyone missed the white writing at the end of this 'story' then?
    This is not my story

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

She told me she was a regular poster on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Maybe next time.

This is not my story

these thread are great craic but end up being ruined by people who make up sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I had a moment when the guy I was seeing started a full 30 minute slagging off of me because I said I liked broccoli. When he finally shut up, I told him I had to head home.

Another one was a guy who I'd been seeing for a few months when my dad died (expected). It hadn't been anything serious at all. Met up with him for lunch about 3 days after the funeral. He was nice, supportive but then made a comment about he had to stop himself laughing during the funeral when the song "Going Home" was played coz all he could think about was Kerrygold butter and he knew I'd get the joke. Maybe he was trying to lighten the mood but just added to the growing pile of nope I had about him as a partner (as a person he wasn't the worst). Dumped him there and then. Hint - don't joke about someones Dad's funeral 3 days after the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

when we went to a dinner party and she shivered at the door and asked if someone died in here recently.

Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I Hint - don't joke about someones Dad's funeral 3 days after the event.

Or ever? You just reminded me of a girl off tinder whom I'd been texting. This was only last summer, my mam passed away nearly four years ago. She was trying to crack a joke that I came from a one parent family. I said how am I, I was nearly 25 when she died. You'd think she'd take that hint, and move on, but no. She kept pushing that point. She never made it to the first date stage after that!

Or ever? You just reminded me of a girl off tinder whom I'd been texting. This was only last summer, my mam passed away nearly four years ago. She was trying to crack a joke that I came from a one parent family. I said how am I, I was nearly 25 when she died. You'd think she'd take that hint, and move on, but no. She kept pushing that point. She never made it to the first date stage after that!

Well quite - never a good idea. But in fairness I could have laughed about that maybe a year later or something. 3 days was a bit raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

He was nice, supportive but then made a comment about he had to stop himself laughing during the funeral when the song "Going Home" was played coz all he could think about was Kerrygold butter and he knew I'd get the joke. Maybe he was trying to lighten the mood but just added to the growing pile of nope I had about him as a partner (as a person he wasn't the worst). Dumped him there and then. Hint - don't joke about someones Dad's funeral 3 days after the event.

What a pratt. Sure everyone knows that song is from the ESB ad. Dodged a bullet there love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Jaden wrote: »
    What a pratt. Sure everyone knows that song is from the ESB ad. Dodged a bullet there love.

Am I going to hell if I admit that's the also the first thing I thought of when reading that story? The bold auld Alan Hughes going to visit his mammy…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Another one was a guy who I'd been seeing for a few months when my dad died (expected). It hadn't been anything serious at all. Met up with him for lunch about 3 days after the funeral. He was nice, supportive but then made a comment about he had to stop himself laughing during the funeral when the song "Going Home" was played coz all he could think about was Kerrygold butter and he knew I'd get the joke. Maybe he was trying to lighten the mood but just added to the growing pile of nope I had about him as a partner (as a person he wasn't the worst). Dumped him there and then. Hint - don't joke about someones Dad's funeral 3 days after the event.

Is it just me or does anyone else think maybe he dodged a bullet there?

He wasn't making a joke of your father dying.
    He was being lighthearted about a strange moment at a funeral.

Not the one from ESB - the hymn "Goin' home. Goin' home. I'm a-goin' home". Pretty sure it was used in a Kerrygold ad in the early 90's. Anyway totally off topic that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

I don't think that is very fair to be honest in my opinion.
    As light hearted as he may have thought he was being, the "joke" was pretty bad taste and insensitive to say the least given the circumstances.
    Emotions were raw and she finished it....nothing dodged a bullet about it.

3 days after the funeral? To the grieving 20-something year old who'd just lost her father from cancer and was still very raw. There's times for jokes and times for thinking "maybe I shouldn't say this out loud". Like I said before - I can laugh about things that happened around that time but after an appropriate length of time has passed so that it's not completely raw. And also like I said - that wasn't the only thing, just the straw.

And I don't understand what you mean by he dodged a bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

hairyslug wrote: »
    2am, top of O'Connell Street, she couldn't decide whether to get food or a taxi home.

That seems incredibly minor?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

ESB Ad: Goin' Back - Dusty Springfield.

Dunno about Kerrygold but Going Home was famously used in a Hovis ad.

Anyhew...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Maybe next time.

This is not my story

That is truly a mental thing to have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Birneybau wrote: »
    So everyone missed the white writing at the end of this 'story' then?

thank god. I couldnt possibly imagine how someone could actually have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Nah, it's probably a bit soon to be making jokes. Some people might be grand with it, many wouldn't. You have to know your audience with these things, and clearly he hadn't a clue. :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Lt Dan wrote: »
    What happened to the new waun? Did you ever see her again? Did she think any bad of ya? Morto

Had been seeing her a good number of weeks by the time of the defenestration.

I stayed with new girl for 18 months or so until get me outta here moment #2. :pac:

Long story short, went to visit her for my birthday with a decent night out bought and paid for, got back to her apartment and there was a used condom under her bed.

Yep, not mine so byeeeeeeee.

Advertisement