Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your biggest "get me out of here!" moment in a relationship?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

there you go though, its never worth all the saddle time.

Very true. It took me long time to realise that I deserve better than to be treated like that,, but now I'm with my current long term boyfriend and everything is great. Including the bedroom :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Very true. It took me long time to realise that I deserve better than to be treated like that,, but now I'm with my current long term boyfriend and everything is great. Including the bedroom :pac::pac:

Interior Designer is he? Heard they make decent boyfriends all right ........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Met a girl one night, organised a date during the week and it went well, at the end she asked about Friday night and would I be out, at the time I worked in a hotel and never knew what weekend nights I would get finished early. So I said if I got finished early I'd be out, but if not we'd meet on Saturday night.

Friday night and of course work was busy, so didn't get out, finished around 3 and looked at my phone, about 20 text messages, and 5 new voicemail. Started listening to the messages, first one was "Hi, just wondering if your coming out" but they got progressively worse as she got drunker, last one was her calling me names and roaring insults. Think I dodged a bullet there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭cookiexx

Ficheall wrote: »
    Could you not have got him some little blue pills? The internet is apparently full of them..

Nah sure we were mid 20s, far too young for that

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Interior Designer is he? Heard they make decent boyfriends all right ........

We are gay darling. The bedroom is fabulous. Leppard print all around!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

We are gay darling. The bedroom is fabulous. Leppard print all around!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tut tut .......... I frown upon stereotyping. :(

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Tut tut .......... I frown upon stereotyping. :(
    It is not too much insult to say you are fashionable by default:pac:

Часто, однако стереотип является точным!!:rolleyes:

....but you are right.

It is not too much insult to say you are fashionable by default:pac:

Часто, однако стереотип является точным!!:rolleyes:

....but you are right.

Гей стереотип, как правило, точный ........ но все же неодобрением.

......... I'm always right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Her on top of me in her parents house one night.Only knew her 3 weeks.The dad knocked on the bedroom door and asked was everything ok. I fooking sucked myself into the matress as far as I could go while she broke my hips with her legs.She responds with a yes, but then asked what the plan was in the morning for a lift to work!He fooking steps in a bit and says I'll wake you at 7 and asks her something else!She answers and he leaves closing the door.She turns back to me and says let's make me da into a grandad !

20yo me left instead of coming !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

I'm just waiting for a mod to swoop in and give out (because apparently Google translate is beyond the reach of the average boards user).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

One thing has become very clear from this tread "never stick your d1ck in crazy"

I have a friend that has had an unusual number of crazy girlfriends. We've come to the realisation that these women are actually fine and living with him turns them crazy 😄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Best thread in a while :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

Long story short one I shifted her at the end of the night and few days later was talking to her and was invited to call to her house (lives at home and bare in mind we were in our very early 20's). Was reassured no one would come home. Went up to the room, best sex in a long time. Next while still naked got up to hop out of bed and change and look out the window and see a car pull in.

Both her parents were home and spotted me standing balls naked in their daughters room through the window. Get changed quickly and run down stairs to the sitting room to be in the door before them (they delayed coming in the door). She takes her time and just laughs at how I'm freaking out that her parents are home. Anyway parents come in for a awkward introduction and go next door to the kitchen. She hops on top of me and tells me how they think she a little angel and tries to take my clothes off again in the sitting room while grinding me with her parent less than 10 metres away. Safe to say I ran out the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

That reminds me of a girl i had met a few times, she calls me one day and says she has the house to herself and I should come over. I was 17 and she lived in the arse hole of nowhere, so I tell my mum I'm going to a friend's house that's not far away and ask if I can take her car (no license, insurance) she lets me as she thinks I only have to drive on a main road for a couple of hundred yards and the rest is small rural roads. So there I am crapping myself that I'll get caught by the guards, but also delighted that I might get my end away.
    Pull up to the house and knock on the door, she answers, walks me into the kitchen where her mother, brother and sisters are, I had no idea what was going on and I ended up staying for a bloody hour chatting to her family, afterwards we walk out to the car and I ask her what the **** happened. She said she was bored and just want me to call over and she knew I wouldn't come over unless I thought the house was empty.
    Being 17 I think I just ignored her after that till she got the message, but I was raging, had I been caught by the guards on the way home, I would have killed her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

All these crazy bitches and I can't even get the shift on new years....
    Crazy bastards too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

It all started very well , she was a student nurse,shy and quiet at first with a cheeky sense of humour.

I never saw the warning signs .. the roadrage , the way she played camogie , the occasional flashes of rage.

It ended when she tried to head butt a doorman in a pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

I never saw the warning signs .. the roadrage , the way she played camogie , the occasional flashes of rage.
    ... Aisling ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

the way she played camogie , the occasional flashes of rage.
    It ended when she tried to head butt "fair shoulder" a doorman in a pub.
    Ya know

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Matched with this absolute ride on tinder, couldn't believe my luck. Chatted for about a week and I had a nagging suspicion that he had a bit of a temper, was a bit too intense but couldn't quite put my finger on why and kept telling myself I was just being hypervigilant because I wasn't long out of a very intense and toxic relationship (moral of that story: don't let crazy put his dick in you, shouldn't have ignored the hundreds of "get me out of here" moments in that case but I digress)

Met yer man anyway, fine thing, very pleasant, really keen to see me again but my gut was screaming louder and louder that something wasn't right. Long story short, a bit of digging and I found out he'd done time for some very nasty, violent stuff against his ex. Maybe he'd changed as a person in the 10 years since it happened but I couldn't take the risk to get to know him and I made myself disappear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Nothing as mad as the people here.

My best friend's cousin wanted to date me when I was 14, he was 17. It never happened because I didn't date at that age, didn't fancy him and so on. We were all staying at hers for Christmas. He took my phone number from her phone and sent me about 20 texts the following day when I went home, about how pretty I was.

Anyway, he meets a girl and moves on. We ended up staying in very sporadic touch as we'd see each other at events.

7 years later and I run into him while out with my friends at a pub. We're chatting, he's improved how he dresses and doesn't look like something from slipknot anymore. He asks for my new number, and asked me to meet at the bar again. My friends like him so we arrange a night out.

He asks me on a date that night. I agree. Date was set for four days from then.

All of a sudden, he's blowing up my phone. If I didn't reply to a text, he'd resend it several times, followed by a passive aggressive text about me not wanting to talk to him.

Two days before the date, I'm in work and not on my phone. On my break, I have 20-odd messages, and a suggestion we have dinner in his because he "can't wait to see [my] tits."

I gently told him I didn't think this would work out. I then got a barrage of texts about how he's in love with me, I've destroyed him, he should have known better than to trust a pretty girl, etc etc.

He's calmed down now. I see him around and bar ranting about his ex on facebook, he's grand if you keep him at arm's length :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

When i started vomiting at the thought of seeing him. Literally vomiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

There was a week in 2015 when my close friend was missing in the wake of the Nepal earthquake (he resurfaced thankfully), we thought my sister was about to be given a cancer diagnosis, I was facing 6 college exams over 5 days (my first college exams ever and I was way behind). It was that week that my now ex decided to tell me she wanted "a break".

I felt at the time that it was a power-play and still believe it was. I took her up on her invitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Just continuous questions and saying they though I was dead when I hadn't contacted them in a few days. I despise clinginess. Instant turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

When I did my back in and couldn't move...was off work for four months...had to move back home to my parents. My fiance never came to see me but was careful to ring to remind me to pay my half of the mortgage.

He visited once but only because he had an assignment to complete for his Masters and I apparently had time to do it. I didn't see it like that.

My take on it was meanness of spirit and lack of caring didn't bode well.

Right, so how many people are checking this thread in case an ex is writing about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Right, so how many people are checking this thread in case an ex is writing about them?

They keep referring to be as being good in bed, so it's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

On a date with someone and over the night it transpired that she knew a lot about me. Too much.

She had done her homework well, but a bit creepy...too creepy for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Ouch poor you.

Mine was when she booked me onto a remote kayaking trip in Norway along with her using my bank account and email account.
    Cya

Haha she may go up that fijord her f88cking self,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I then got a barrage of texts about how he's in love with me, I've destroyed him, he should have known better than to trust a pretty girl...

The beautiful ones always smash the picture, always, every time.

Advertisement