Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your biggest "get me out of here!" moment in a relationship?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

HiGlo wrote: »
    cause he was fantastic in the sack.:D

Okay, I think we need a new trope.

A cook in the kitchen.
    A lady/gent in the sitting room.
    And a lunatic in the bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

faceman wrote:
    With all due respect this is not a comment on you but on the status of mental health in Ireland in general. Sounds like that guy described the symptoms of a anxiety and panic attack and it also sounds like he has no idea what it is. The only alarm bell here is that he and the people around him don't know what it is and are stigmatising the behaviour.

Sounds more like schizophrenia actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

faceman wrote: »
    With all due respect this is not a comment on you but on the status of mental health in Ireland in general. Sounds like that guy described the symptoms of a anxiety and panic attack and it also sounds like he has no idea what it is. The only alarm bell here is that he and the people around him don't know what it is and are stigmatising the behaviour.

He knew what it was and if I recall properly he was getting treatment for it.
    I was just quite surprised at the level of aggression attached to what seemed to be a typical panic attack. It was just that he'd panic and have to get off the bus. It was that he wasn't fully confident that he wouldn't violently attack a stranger on the bus so he recognised that he needed to remove himself from the bus. He said he used to have visions of himself attacking people and yes, absolutely, I didn't know what to do with that. He was a nice guy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭blade1

[QUOTE=Avatar MIA;102127327
    A cook in the kitchen.
    A lady/gent in the sitting room.
    And a lunatic in the bedroom.[/QUOTE]

And as they say.... Hopefully never the three meet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I forgot about this one. It was 20 years ago and I met a guy about some 20 years older than me. He was lovely, met his parents, friends etc. The only thing was he still lived at home at 43. So did I but I was 23

Anyway we went out happily for a year, holidays weekends etc. He wanted to go to Mass every Sunday, no big deal.

Was my first serious serious relationship. Anyone he asked me out to a very swish restaurant and told me had something to ask me. Cue me butterflies.

So I couldn't eat when we got there. Near dessert he reaches into his pocket...and pulls out a pamphlet...about becoming a priest. But how would I feel about seeing him while he decided...

I ran and my mam picked me up. Ignored his calls

Totally accidental bumped into him about five years ago...he was selling lights...not married. Mind you neither am I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

mfceiling wrote: »
    From reading this entire thread it has made me realise that 95% of the madness in a relationship comes from the female side!!

Good use of statistics there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

HiGlo wrote: »
    He knew what it was and if I recall properly he was getting treatment for it.
    I was just quite surprised at the level of aggression attached to what seemed to be a typical panic attack. It was just that he'd panic and have to get off the bus. It was that he wasn't fully confident that he wouldn't violently attack a stranger on the bus so he recognised that he needed to remove himself from the bus. He said he used to have visions of himself attacking people and yes, absolutely, I didn't know what to do with that. He was a nice guy though.

Ah, that's better context now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Most posts are from the perspective of the person who had the "get me out of here" thought. I fear I may have been involved in one where the person I was with had that thought.

At one point while I was in college, I was going out with a girl for a couple of months. We were out one night when for some reason the concept of threesomes came up and we joked a bit about it with me saying at one point that I might surprise her. Totally innocent, can't remember how the conversation started or anything and it didn't go on for a long.

A few hours later, we were in bed in my place. It was about 04:00 in the morning. We both were asleep. Next thing, the door of the room opened and a guy walked in wearing nothing but a pair of white y-fronts. I was woken to my gf in panic asking him what was he doing. He said, "What do you think" and went to climb in to bed. She nearly lost it. I had no clue what was going on, I had never in my life seen him before. I got up and took him out of the room and asked him what the f*ck was going on. Turned out he was drunk and had been staying with his mate who was my housemate but walked back in to the wrong room after getting up to go to the toilet. I kicked him back in to that room and went back in to my own. She was in shock. She asked me is that what I meant about a threesome and I nearly collapsed with laughter but she was spooked. I explained what had happened but while she said she understood, she was definitely uncomfortable. We tried to go back to sleep but every time I looked at her she was awake. She left first thing and told me 2 days later that college was getting too busy for a relationship. :(

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I had a smooth enough run of things in terms of no major drama with relationships except for one year when I moved to another city for college and ended up going off the rails a bit myself.

I made the mistake of getting together with one of the girls I was living with but she was very hot and cold, refused to sit beside me watching a movie one time, threw a drink over me out of nowhere - I mean we were just having a chat and next thing I'm soaked in beer - when we were having a quiet one in a pub early in the evening. I ended up getting barred because she told the bouncers some concoction or other that they believed. I suppose her bullsiht story was more believable than the truth!

I said I didn't think it was working at that stage, which she seemed ok with but then I started getting these letters slid under the door of my room! Pages and pages of foolscap handwritten notes. The contents of these ranged from being very sorry for messing around to be apoplectic with rage at some imagined slight. This bit is relevant later - the way our rooms were laid out, and being student accommodation, our rooms were side-by-side and our beds were either side of the usual paper thin walls.

She started getting very friendly with another lad who I think was on her course or something so I thought phew, I'm off the hook. Not so.

I went out for a pint with one of my mates one night and ended up heading back with a girl and then the rest of it. I started seeing a lot of this new girl then but was wary about bringing her back to my apartment for obvious reasons but she was sharing with another girl who was getting a bit nose out of joint that her buddy was getting such regular service and she wasn't having an easy time of getting the ride. So, the inevitable comes around and I have to take the new girl back to mine.

I thought we'd get away with it when no one was up when we got back. Slipped into my rooms quietly, quick bone rattler and off to sleep.

Next morning we wake up starving and talk about going for breakfast but the new girl is having trouble remembering where her shoes are and my jacket has gone walkabouts. Turns out that my laptop and guitar had also disappeared. Out the window of a 4 story apartment block and into an open basement courtyard used by the offices the building was shared with, so, 5 stories down! Smashey smashey. And it was raining.

Had to get the off duty security man out to open the offices up so I could get the jacket and shoes back and try and get them dry, rest of the stuff was fukt. This all took a few hours. Meanwhile, new girl is left upstairs on her Todd making small talk with the other girl. "Sorry I ruined your shoes but sure they're only Penney's. hullaballoo is a prick, isn't he?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

mfceiling wrote: »
    From reading this entire thread it has made me realise that 95% of the madness in a relationship comes from the female side!!
    Ask any bouncer who sets off the fights.

• Advertisement

Most posts are from the perspective of the person who had the "get me out of here" thought. I fear I may have been involved in one where the person I was with had that thought.

At one point while I was in college, I was going out with a girl for a couple of months. We were out one night when for some reason the concept of threesomes came up and we joked a bit about it with me saying at one point that I might surprise her. Totally innocent, can't remember how the conversation started or anything and it didn't go on for a long.

A few hours later, we were in bed in my place. It was about 04:00 in the morning. We both were asleep. Next thing, the door of the room opened and a guy walked in wearing nothing but a pair of white y-fronts. I was woken to my gf in panic asking him what was he doing. He said, "What do you think" and went to climb in to bed.

Fr Todd Unctious?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

That time I went on a date turned up she was well tipsy and she told me she was thinking of sabotaging her exes car,then she went missing in the bar for 15 minutes
    I went to the toilet walked past her she was snogging another guy
    Lol I left and headed home,got a text half an hour later asking where have I gone and it was bad form of me to walk out without telling her....
    She's still nuts as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Eimee90

she was excellent in bed though, to be fair.

nope I just wasn't quite sure that I wanted to be going out someone quite as promiscuous as she seemed to be.

And you were a virgin up until you slept with her i presume 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

amtc wrote: »
    I forgot about this one. It was 20 years ago and I met a guy about some 20 years older than me. He was lovely, met his parents, friends etc. The only thing was he still lived at home at 43. So did I but I was 23

Anyway we went out happily for a year, holidays weekends etc. He wanted to go to Mass every Sunday, no big deal.

Was my first serious serious relationship. Anyone he asked me out to a very swish restaurant and told me had something to ask me. Cue me butterflies.

So I couldn't eat when we got there. Near dessert he reaches into his pocket...and pulls out a pamphlet...about becoming a priest. But how would I feel about seeing him while he decided...

I ran and my mam picked me up. Ignored his calls

Totally accidental bumped into him about five years ago...he was selling lights...not married. Mind you neither am I.

You ran out of the restaurant immediately after he whipped his pamphlet out? Did you not even finish your dessert?

elsa21 wrote: »
    And you were a virgin up until you slept with her i presume ”

Actually, kinda sounds like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,154 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I went for drinks with a girl who turned up wearing a tiara. She spent two hours insulting me and that was the last time I saw her.

A fella I work with was shagging a girl in his car when she had a bowel movement.

Grayson wrote: »
    I went for drinks with a girl who turned up wearing a tiara. She spent two hours insulting me and that was the last time I saw her.

Was her scorn justified? Did you wear a black belt/brown shoes combo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

elsa21 wrote: »
    And you were a virgin up until you slept with her i presume 🀔

You do know you can *not* be a virgin, and still refrain from being promiscuous, don't you?

• Advertisement

A fella I work with was shagging a girl in his car when she had a bowel movement.

Feel sorry for the girl here. When the muscles relax at the point of orgasm this is known to happen in some cases.

Dutch pal was telling me he had a girl in the cowgirl position one night and she shoved a towel up his arse. He followed through when he came :D

Feel sorry for the girl here. When the muscles relax at the point of orgasm this is known to happen in some cases.

Dutch pal was telling me he had a girl in the cowboy position one night and she shoved a towel up his arse. He followed through when he came :D

I feel sorry for the fella. After going through 50 air fresheners he eventually took the whole seat out of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Dutch pal was telling me he had a girl in the cowboy position one night and she shoved a towel up his arse. He followed through when he came :D

What? How did she anticipate that?

I left probably the biggest fart of my life when I came while shagging a girl. I knew it was going to happen, so I held her head so that I covered one ear and moaned loudly in the other in time with the farts, which pulsed out with every wave.

I think I got away with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Sh!t happens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Saipanne wrote: »
    What? How did she anticipate that?

I left probably the biggest fart of my life when I came while shagging a girl. I knew it was going to happen, so I held her head so that I covered one ear and moaned loudly in the other in time with the farts, which pulsed out with every wave.

You ol' romantic ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Treadhead wrote: »
    Sh!t happens...

When you party naked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Grayson wrote: »

Sorry about that......shall we try again??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Saipanne wrote: »

You didn't see the earlier post in the thread then, I guess?

I seen a one or two 'follow through' posts alright but cant remember the exact details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

No. Plus you messed up the quotes, so I'm not really sure what you're referring to.

Have another lash, there.

Advertisement