Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Axwell wrote: »
    Vitor and Hendo may be on the TRT but they arent women last time i looked :confused:

Yeah I was thinking it was a women's tourney, but blobby selected LHW so I just went along with it. Lost both fights so it doesn't really matter anyways. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah this tourney has gone a bit bonkers, I think the next one should have some definite rules in place at the start, simpler the better.

New patch rumoured to be coming soon. All I've heard so far is you will be able to taunt at will, looking forward to seeing the other changes.

Markcahill1985, you still up for our fight?

Bracket so far:

Match #1
    place #1: Markcahill1985
    place #2: Sheehy83

Match #2
    place #1: John_d80 (Winner)
    place #2: Asot

Match #3
    place #1: Axwell (Winner)
    place #2: Jarain

Match #4
    place #1: Martyos121
    place #2: Mr blobby (Winner)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yeah this tourney has gone a bit bonkers, I think the next one should have some definite rules in place at the start, simpler the better.

New patch rumoured to be coming soon. All I've heard so far is you will be able to taunt at will, looking forward to seeing the other changes.

Markcahill1985, you still up for our fight?

Bracket so far:

Match #1
    place #1: Markcahill1985
    place #2: Sheehy83

Match #2
    place #1: John_d80 (Winner)
    place #2: Asot

Match #3
    place #1: Axwell (Winner)
    place #2: Jarain

Match #4
    place #1: Martyos121
    place #2: Mr blobby (Winner)

Hey Sheehy, sorry about the delay man Ive been in Dublin with work unexpectedly the last week - I may be online tonight prob between 7.30-9.30 if your around? If I dont catch you tonight then take a bye to the next round! Sorry about this

Hey Sheehy, sorry about the delay man Ive been in Dublin with work unexpectedly the last week - I may be online tonight prob between 7.30-9.30 if your around? If I dont catch you tonight then take a bye to the next round! Sorry about this

Hey man no prob, I should be on tonight around 8 so will send me an invite if you see me on, I'll do the same. The tourney rules have changed lightly. Only picking Women and you have to use a different fighter in each fight, best of 3.

Had 2 great fights with Mark, sound man. Won the 2 so I'm moving onto the next round. Speaking of, here's the draw. Fights done by Sunday night? best of 3, wimmins division, different fighter every fight.

EDIT: Ah copying that from random generator made it look gammy.

Fight 1 - Sheehy83 vs Axwell

Fight 2 - Mr Blobby vs John_D80

Sequence=1
    Draw date: 2014-08-20 22:36:09

Match #1 place #1: sheehy83 place #2: axwell Match #2 place #1: mr. blobby place #2: john d80

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Had 2 great fights with Mark, sound man. Won the 2 so I'm moving onto the next round. Speaking of, here's the draw. Fights done by Sunday night? best of 3, wimmins division, different fighter every fight.

EDIT: Ah copying that from random generator made it look gammy.

Fight 1 - Sheehy83 vs Axwell

Fight 2 - Mr Blobby vs John_D80

Sequence=1
    Draw date: 2014-08-20 22:36:09

Match #1 place #1: sheehy83 place #2: axwell Match #2 place #1: mr. blobby place #2: john d80

So are we only allowed use the women's division for every fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Thanks for the two good fights Sheehy, enjoyed that even tho I got a hopping ha, really should start blocking strikes!!

Blobby, yupp wimmins tournament, just focusing on one division.

Mark, ya good scraps, Best laugh I've had on this game in a while!

EA UFC Patch notes

Well worth a read guys, the ground game is being tuned heavily in the next patch, looks like it's going to be a game-changer. About time as well, there are some big exploits in it at the moment.

martyos121 wrote: »
    EA UFC Patch notes

Well worth a read guys, the ground game is being tuned heavily in the next patch, looks like it's going to be a game-changer. About time as well, there are some big exploits in it at the moment.

Jaysus fair play that dev, that's some amount of detail! The new ground game will be very interesting to test out.

• Advertisement

Jaysus fair play that dev, that's some amount of detail! The new ground game will be very interesting to test out.

Yeah, I'm personally not looking forward to it. I can't seem to win standing up anymore! :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

These fights getting done lads??

These fights getting done lads??

I won't make it on tonight but will be on tomorrow around 8pm and then 11.30 as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I won't make it on tonight but will be on tomorrow around 8pm and then 11.30 as well.

Grand prob catch you then at 1130.

Looks like the new patch is live with 3 new fighters and some big changes!

• - Addition of 3 new fighters. 2 in Welterweight: Matt Brown, Mike Pyle and 1 at Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic
      - Updates to fighter records
      - Gameplay – Added Referee TKO stoppage if dominant fighter throws too many blocked strikes without the submissive fighter trying to improve his position
      - Gameplay – Added the ability to catch kicks on parries if the attacking fighter has low stamina or high leg damage when throwing a kick. If Parry button is held, a takedown will be initiated.
      - Gameplay – Added new defensive standup transitions from Full Guard. Moved Sweep to Advanced Transition
      - Gameplay – Added Back Mount escape for submissive fighter
      - Gameplay – Added manual taunts. Press Left or Right Directional buttons to taunt
      - Gameplay – Successful Basic Single Leg Takedowns will now end in Half Guard
      - Online – Added Coins to Championships. Watch partner videos from the Home Panel and earn Coins to trade in for Season Points
    Gameplay

• - Fixed issue where dominant fighter could stall transitions
      - Fixed an exploit where fighters could sneak in a free hammer fist during Posture up and down animations
      - Fixed exploit in Side Control where users could land a free shot after transitioning to Side Control.
      - Fixed an issue with Cage Clinch Break denial inputs.
      - Tuning – Increased base punch speed of all weight classes
      - Tuning – AI tuned to be less aggressive. AI is more aware of stamina and fight pacing.
      - Tuning – Duration and probability of Health Events has been tuned
      - Tuning – Stamina loss on strikes landed has been adjusted
      - Tuning – Tuned denial windows for various ground transitions, getups and submission attempts
      - Tuning – Animation speeds adjusted for strikes that were being abused Online
      - Added delay on submission attempts after a failed submission.
      - Submissions cannot be attempted when attacker has minimal Stamina
      - Fighters can change stances while blocking
      - Adjusted Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s and Robbie Lawler’s Hand Power and Speed attributes
    Career
    • - Fixed issue where Crucifix was unavailable in career. Will now be available on new Career save files after purchasing transition.
    • - Allow users to view Fighter Stats and Abilities in Online Championships Fighter Select Screen
      - Disabled Online Pause in all Online modes. User can still access the Pause menu, however it does not pause gameplay.
      - Tuned White Belt promotion and division belt thresholds
    Miscellaneous
    • Fixed an issue with incorrect video for ‘GSP Switch Kick’ move.
      - Fixed a crash when adjusting Walk out music
      - Fixed an issue with Mat damage
      - Changed Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s stance to southpaw
      - Various replay fixes

EDIT: A dev has cleared up how to catch a kick:

To catch a kick, you need to successfully parry a kick to the head or body when your opponent has low stamina or low leg health, where low for stamina is roughly 50%, and low for leg health is roughly 25%. I don't have the exact numbers with me as I'm at home, but that's the right ballpark.

Once you've caught the leg, to take your opponent down, keep holding the parry face button.

To let go of the leg, let go of the parry face button as soon as you see the catch kick animation start.

If you counter punch after letting go of the leg, you get the same counter punch bonus you get after a parry.

That's an excellent patch. Surprised EA haven't charged us a fiver for it.

Apparently HW's are faster as well. Looking forward to testing it out tonight. I'd say they were the least used division because of their slowness.

HW's definitely faster and more fun to play with. Catching kicks is brilliant, Fair Play EA on the last 2 patches! However, on my first fight last night, my R2 button broke and gets stuck half way so my guy just keeps defending making the game highly unplayable. I looked up some vids and loads of people have the exact same problem. You can fix the spring but reading youtube comments, most people have either broken the hinge or spring when first opening it.

Gonna ring Sony this morning before opening it see what they say and hope my dogs tooth marks on the controller don't void the warranty!

If I don't manage a fix today, Axwell will get a buy into the next round :(

Congrats Axwell you shnake, you're in the final!

I have to send my controller back to Sony, will take about 2 weeks and will possibly be charged if they think the dogs teeth marks caused the problem.

New patches out for both EA UFC and the last of us an all. Guess Ill go read a book or something :(

I've still to do my semi final fight. We were both ready a few days ago, but then Sony had a DDoS attack and everything went down :pac:

• Advertisement

That's a pain in the balls man, if I win I will give you first chance at a title defence :P

Congrats Axwell you shnake, you're in the final!

I have to send my controller back to Sony, will take about 2 weeks and will possibly be charged if they think the dogs teeth marks caused the problem.

New patches out for both EA UFC and the last of us an all. Guess Ill go read a book or something :(

Anyone up for a few fights? Dying to try out the new patch!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Not sure what they've done to the AI but fought Mike Pyle on Pro difficulty and he must have dodged 50 punches in a row, literally couldn't hit him unless he was already throwing a punch. He caught every head kick and won 30-25 because they count as takedowns. I want a challenge but this is just ridiculous and unrealistic.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I've still to do my semi final fight. We were both ready a few days ago, but then Sony had a DDoS attack and everything went down :pac:

Can ye try get this played, post and arrange a time that suits ye both. See both of ye on plenty so should be easy to get it done. Unless one of ye is doing a John Jones and avoiding the fight :p

Can ye try get this played, post and arrange a time that suits ye both. See both of ye on plenty so should be easy to get it done. Unless one of ye is doing a John Jones and avoiding the fight :p

I'm on from now till 11:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

how much have ye seen this game floating around for now lads?
    finally caved in and bought the ps4, what's the game like?

I beat John_D80 over 3 fights.

1st fight: I was Davis vs Tate. Fight was going *ok* but kept being hit with body punches. Ended up getting Flashed KO'd in the 2nd with a kick to the belly :/

2nd fight: I was Tate vs Carmouche. This time I was more prepared for the body shots and was able to counter most of them while getting of plenty of head shots. Carmouche face was red for pretty much every round and I think i got 3 knockdowns in the same round. Won via KO in the 2nd i think?

3rd fight: I was Carmouche vs Davis. Pretty much identical to the 2nd fight only that this lasted to the 3rd where i got a KO via head kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I beat Martyos121 over 3 fights.

1st fight: I was Davis vs Tate. Fight was going *ok* but kept being hit with body punches. Ended up getting Flashed KO'd in the 2nd with a kick to the belly :/

2nd fight: I was Tate vs Carmouche. This time I was more prepared for the body shots and was able to counter most of them while getting of plenty of head shots. Carmouche face was red for pretty much every round and I think i got 3 knockdowns in the same round. Won via KO in the 2nd i think?

3rd fight: I was Carmouche vs Davis. Pretty much identical to the 2nd fight only that this lasted to the 3rd where i got a KO via head kick.

Lol I'm not martyos or whatever name he said. And I feel I must defend my honour here. That was no flash KO in the first, begging your pardon. Wore him down over a round and a half. I was doing the biz in that fight and the stats backed it up!! :-)

He then proceeded to use both hands on the controller and kick all shades of **** outta me in fights 2 & 3. Head was glowing for the duration of both. Schooled!!

John_D80 wrote: »
    Lol I'm not martyos or whatever name he said. And I feel I must defend my honour here. That was no flash KO in the first, begging your pardon. Wore him down over a round and a half. I was doing the biz in that fight and the stats backed it up!! :-)

He then proceeded to use both hands on the controller and kick all shades of **** outta me in fights 2 & 3. Head was glowing for the duration of both. Schooled!!

By flash KO i mean there was no rocked state... I just straight up got Liver kicked KO'd :D

I don't think those new rules favour the Womens division. There are only like 3 fighters you can pick :pac:

• Advertisement

So Axwell vs Blobby in the BUFC final. Any planned fight night?

Advertisement