Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭davehey79

Orla just wondering as its my first time using the service. My account had been debited 3.50 so I assume my package has hit the north as of yesterday morning. My local motel is Longford is there much of a time period for deliveries to here as in should I have it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

It's a good business idea this parcelmotel. However, don't most people just get stuff delivered to work as there is someone there to receive it?

Also do some people's work not allow you to deliver there? That sh!te is crazy....

Hope the service works for you unfortunate people :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

davehey79 wrote: »
    Orla just wondering as its my first time using the service. My account had been debited 3.50 so I assume my package has hit the north as of yesterday morning. My local motel is Longford is there much of a time period for deliveries to here as in should I have it today?

Please PM me your PMID and I'll check for you.

Orla, Galway city, any update?

I about to travel 45 mins to the PM in Roscommon as there has been no update and the site is not listing all available motels

It's a great service ye have set up but....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ugh, I wait for my parcel for a week or two, I can't get it collected at home so I choose one a few kilometres from my working thinking I can walk there at lunch.

When does it arrive, 1am last night! So unless I travel all the way to work by bus, walk a few kilometers and pick it up, come home the same way, I get chargesd before I even get back to work on monday. So annoying. :( I didn't know it could be delivered at that time...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I think it's great, one of the main reasons I use it is for weekend delivery which is a rare option.

Many thanks to Orla for resolving an issue due to sender splitting a delivery and only addressing one of them correctly. Great work by parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It's a good business idea this parcelmotel. However, don't most people just get stuff delivered to work as there is someone there to receive it?

Also do some people's work not allow you to deliver there? That sh!te is crazy....

Hope the service works for you unfortunate people :(
    You need to think outside the box, Charlie!

Other main advantages are:

eBay sellers who do not ship outside UK

eBay, Amazon and other sellers who want crazy money to ship here compared to their UK shipping charges

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I nearly got caught! 2x parcels delivered to Rathfarnham the morning I was off to the airport for 3 days. Cue 40 minutes sitting in traffic to pick them up. Not PMs fault obviously but just to warn people to be careful if you are going away. It would have been over the 48 hours so €7 extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

Any luck with one coming to Wexford/Carlow. Im miles away from my closest one :mad:

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2056698663&query=Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Esel wrote: »

eBay, Amazon and other sellers who want crazy money to ship here compared to their UK shipping charges

As far as I can see this is the only real advantage. buts its a bloody good advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just curious: It says you'll receive your parcel "within one working day" once it's delivered to the depot.
    My account was debited €3.50 yesterday for a delivery to the Belfast depot, and a second €3.50 today.
    Should I expect my first parcel today or is Sunday not considered a working day?

Orla, Galway city, any update?

I about to travel 45 mins to the PM in Roscommon as there has been no update and the site is not listing all available motels

It's a great service ye have set up but....

Galway installations will be starting next week. We'll have 2 Parcel Motels there - Newcastle and the Dock Road. Keep an eye on Facebook & Twitter for live updates.

ixoy wrote: »
    Just curious: It says you'll receive your parcel "within one working day" once it's delivered to the depot.
    My account was debited €3.50 yesterday for a delivery to the Belfast depot, and a second €3.50 today.
    Should I expect my first parcel today or is Sunday not considered a working day?

Both should be delivered tonight, keep an eye on your email as we hold back texts after 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

What is the closest location to Athlone?

Galway installations will be starting next week. We'll have 2 Parcel Motels there - Newcastle and the Dock Road. Keep an eye on Facebook & Twitter for live updates.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    What is the closest location to Athlone?

Currently Roscommon

Orla, I need your help or maybe even a boardsie with a Parcel Motel Account may be able to answer my Q.

I was registering for an account today, but when I input the registration code sent to my phone, the website said there was an error and an error log had been created and Parcel Motel would be in touch with me.

I checked my account there now and I can log in fine and it has my correct address details etc, so it seems the account has been created ok.

It shows a balance of €7.00 which I presume is for the advertised free first two stays. But I never got an email with my PMID as I think is supposed to happen.

I would like to be able to order some things from Amazon this evening if possible but I am not sure what my PMID is. In the 'My Account' area when logged in to Parcel Motel it has the heading 'My Account' (PM XXXXXX) The X's being a six digit number - is this six digit number my PMID?

TIA

iPhone. wrote: »
    I would like to be able to order some things from Amazon this evening if possible but I am not sure what my PMID is. In the 'My Account' area when logged in to Parcel Motel it has the heading 'My Account' (PM XXXXXX) The X's being a six digit number - is this six digit number my PMID?

TIA

Your address with PM in the North should be:

Firstname LastName
    PMXXXXX (Mine is 5 digits after the PM)
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE

Thanks Tom, so the number at the top of your account page in brackets that starts with PM is definitely the PMID?

Just want to be certain before I place my amazon order.

Thanks Tom, so the number at the top of your account page in brackets that starts with PM is definitely the PMID?

My 1st address line on the delivery address is the same as my Account ID in brackets. It would need Orla to give you a definitive answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

That is indeed your PMID

parecel.jpg

jamescd wrote: »
    That is indeed your PMID

Fair Play James, A Picture speaks a thousand words as they say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

For those that have successfully ordered from Tesco Direct, how did you pay? I have tried to add a card with my Irish address but the site searches for addresses using postcodes and seems to only accept addresses that it recognises. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

Navan is scheduled to be installed in the next 2 weeks, so you won't have to wait much longer :D

Is there a Parcel Motel in Navan?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Ordered 3 items off Amazon last Tuesday for delivery to Roscommon Parcel Motel.

One item came on Firday and the other 2 on Saturday. Great service, really happy with it.

Will be using it alot I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

BullBauld wrote: »
    Ordered 3 items off Amazon last Tuesday for delivery to Roscommon Parcel Motel.

One item came on Firday and the other 2 on Saturday. Great service, really happy with it.

Will be using it alot I'd imagine.

Did you have to pay the 3.50 3 times ? Was your order not over £25 to get free delivery to Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

jamescd wrote: »
    Did you have to pay the 3.50 3 times ? Was your order not over £25 to get free delivery to Ireland ?

No just one charge of €3.50.

I ordered through a Marketplace seller.
    Not all orders over £25 are eligible for the super saver delivery...especially if ordered from a 3rd party seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

And many 3rd party sellers do take the piss when it comes to shipping to Ireland.

I heard that. I wanted to buy a laptop wireless card (about the size and weight of a ATM card) and some guy wanted £20 postage!! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I can't figure out where they get their "rates" from. Are they just stupid or dishonest I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I heard that. I wanted to buy a laptop wireless card (about the size and weight of a ATM card) and some guy wanted £20 postage!! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I can't figure out where they get their "rates" from. Are they just stupid or dishonest I wonder?

International postage costs a fortune if you're not a bulk customer.

You can see how much the US Postal Service charges to Ireland here http://ircalc.usps.com/?country=10210

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement