Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

soc wrote: »
    Orla that worked like a CHARM! Thank you :D

Please let us know if it works once you receive your parcel.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Used this for the first time yesterday. Brilliant service. Congrats for being a company that is innovative, offers genuinely good service and realistic pricing. It's worth it just to avoid that 'you weren't in' message that An Post stick through your letter box alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

quenching wrote: »
    Hi Orla,

Why is BT36 4PX listed on the Parcel Motel website as the post code to use? I've run into the same issue as soc before and had to give up as there was no suitable option to choose from in the listed addresses.

Should BT36 4PX be replaced with BT36 4PE on your website?

Great service BTW ;)

Q

Orla already explained that as the business is on a corner it effectively has two postcodes. Either will work but some websites use the 4PX one.

So the iPhone 5 is available to pre order on the UK apple store.

I know parcel motel is safe but feeling a bit unsure weather to risk a ~€700 device.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

It will be fine, just PM me with your Parcel Motel location, your mobile number and PIN when you receive it!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

January wrote: »
    Orla already explained that as the business is on a corner it effectively has two postcodes. Either will work but some websites use the 4PX one.

Thanks, must have missed that, maybe their website should say this though as not everyone is clued in to Boards.ie ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

quenching wrote: »
    Hi Orla,

Why is BT36 4PX listed on the Parcel Motel website as the post code to use? I've run into the same issue as soc before and had to give up as there was no suitable option to choose from in the listed addresses.

Should BT36 4PX be replaced with BT36 4PE on your website?

Great service BTW ;)

Q

Our building in Belfast is on the corner of 2 roads, so the two post codes relate to our address. Some sites prefer 4PX and some prefer 4PE. I have this in the FAQ on the web site and we will print in our our next literature print run.

ondafly wrote: »
    Used Parcel Motel for the first time last night

Thanks for the video! Hope you found it easy to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pepsicass

Hi Orla

Could you please let me know when the Parcel Motel will open in Navan - I want to order something soon but could do without travelling to Ashbourne/Blanch to collect. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Collected my first parcel yesterday, this really is a great setup :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭ondafly

Thanks for the video! Hope you found it easy to use?

no problem - it couldn't be simpler, and it saved me 30 euros !

Pepsicass wrote: »
    Hi Orla

Could you please let me know when the Parcel Motel will open in Navan - I want to order something soon but could do without travelling to Ashbourne/Blanch to collect. Many thanks.

Navan is scheduled to be installed in the next 2 weeks, so you won't have to wait much longer :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

hey Orla,
    Any updates on the Limerick motel...location/date of opening etc.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    hey Orla,
    Any updates on the Limerick motel...location/date of opening etc.

Sorry, I don't have the exact details yet, just that it will be in the next 2 months and there will be more than 1 for Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Hi orla,
    Can I ask when the Wexford and carlow ones are due to open?

Hi orla,
    Can I ask when the Wexford and carlow ones are due to open?

Wexford and Carlow are in the same phase as Limerick so all I can tell you right now, is that it will be in the next 2 months. In plenty of time for the Christmas shopping. Only 70 shopping days left 'til Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Hey Orla, good to see the Limerick ones will be open in the near future.

I could have sworn I heard of a potential one opening in Ennis, any idea of when?

Herrick wrote: »
    Hey Orla, good to see the Limerick ones will be open in the near future.

I could have sworn I heard of a potential one opening in Ennis, any idea of when?

I'm going to sound like a broken record here...Ennis is definitely in our next phase which will happen over the next 2 months.

Wexford and Carlow are in the same phase as Limerick so all I can tell you right now, is that it will be in the next 2 months. In plenty of time for the Christmas shopping. Only 70 shopping days left 'til Christmas!

parcel motel in limerick in time for christmas

tajd mate if I have to read about you wanting to buy the Kindle Fire HD anymore I think I'll have a breakdown. :D I'm in Limerick too and it's not going to come any quicker by posting the same stuff everyday.

• Advertisement

tajd mate if I have to read about you wanting to buy the Kindle Fire HD anymore I think I'll have a breakdown. :D I'm in Limerick too and it's not going to come any quicker by posting the same stuff everyday.

my reply to this is

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

to let you people into a little secret,i was driving past nighlines depot in finglas today,and in the lot,was big items in the lot,all in wrapppings,so i guess its the new parcel motel lockers,waiting to be shippped out,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Hi Orla,

I was just in the ashbourne one to collect my parcel and couldnt stand around, I tried ringing and someone said someone would ring me back. Anyways I put in my phone number and the code I got texted to me and it kept coming up I had the wrong code.

can I pm you my details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

to let you people into a little secret,i was driving past nighlines depot in finglas today,and in the lot,was big items in the lot,all in wrapppings,so i guess its the new parcel motel lockers,waiting to be shippped out,
    Or replacing one some junkie broke:pac:...outta curiosity are these yokes really strong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You must have been in the post van in front of me so ;)

There were a good few Parcel Motels sitting in the depot in Finglas yesterday when I passed by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

That's just my order from amazon :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Hi Orla,

When will the Waterford one be open, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭postmanpat78

to answer a question yes those boxes are strong,they are like lockers you would see in films at airport,also if you are going to order something like an iphone,im sure u wont laeve it hanging around the pm locker very long,i have to say for a idea so simple its genius,i mean the idea is catching on,and january i must of been in front of u,those items are my new parcel i ordered,with the money i saved from postage

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Hi Orla,

From reading this thread you've been doing a really good job.

Used Parcel Motel for the first time yesterday. Had ordered a book which would've cost me ~€20 for <€10 because of delivery to the UK address. Collected it yesterday without a problem.

Great service and not only will I be using it in the future I will be recommending to others too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Great set up. Thanks for the free mug and t-shirt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement