Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddypower and Crystal Palace Drama

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Belmono

As PP go chasing, interesting to see that Christmas has come early for them from the land of Oz...
    http://www.tax-news.com/news/Paddy_Power_Secures_Tax_Rebate_From_ATO____51093.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Derek! wrote: »
    They seem to be goin very slow on my account, they haven't touched it since takin the 95 earlier
    Same. One of my bets was negatived about 50 minutes ago, the rest haven't been touched.

EDIT: The big one has been negatived now.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 garyc1987

just say ur account is negative and after 3-5 days or so you get you money in the bank....

deposit it back in and place it on something 1/100 or something would that fix the account??? knowing them they would try something ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

RasTa wrote: »

This is what I'll be using against him in court. :D

In this case, the "feckin' eejit" was his staff, not us. The eejit should take responsibility, not us!

garyc1987 wrote: »
    just say ur account is negative and after 3-5 days or so you get you money in the bank....

deposit it back in and place it on something 1/100 or something would that fix the account??? knowing them they would try something ;)

If you're in the negative, and you deposit the money back, you'll go from negative to 0, so wont have anything to bet with,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

a lad i know had 30 on +1 palace when it went 1-0 at odds of 15/2 and he got his withdrawal money taken there,surely the cock up meant it was -1??.. which palace covered with the 2-0 win so how can they cancel that bet??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Alright, I'm off. I have an economics repeat tomorrow.... I wonder will this be on it :pac:

Most of my "winnings" have been negatived, so I'm assuming that money is mine? Just a matter of keeping your mouth shut now is it, what's yours is yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

seanhynes wrote: »
    a lad i know had 30 on +1 palace when it went 1-0 at odds of 15/2 and he got his withdrawal money taken there,surely the cock up meant it was -1??.. which palace covered with the 2-0 win so how can they cancel that bet??

They need to be careful to distinguish between legit bets and our bets!!
    Can see some bad press coming paddys way.

ps If yas get paid out lads, ill defo be sticking with them and setting this withdrawal up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Total Balance: €-573.49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Or you could read the T&C of sites before you use them? Crazy idea I know. :rolleyes:

I know the terms and conditions well but as a gesture to their customers they should take some liability for their mistake.

At what point can they declare that they made an error? Take for example Paddy Power were offering evens for over 2.5 goals in a game whereas other sites were only offering 1/2. If over 2.5 goals wins easily can Paddy turn around and say oh sorry not paying you at that price as we made msitake pricing it up??

Take on the other hand if you were trading bets on the game and you wanted to get on Crawley to win this game -2 but Paddy only had this priced @ 1/25 offering you no value and chance to trade out of a position. Do you think they'd take responsibility for your losses??

It may be in their T & C but it is a shambles of a way to run what is reputed to be one of the best companies in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hopefully you guys have no ante post bets with them either.

Yardie wrote: »
    I know the terms and conditions well but as a gesture to their customers they should take some liability for their mistake.

At what point can they declare that they made an error? Take for example Paddy Power were offering evens for over 2.5 goals in a game whereas other sites were only offering 1/2. If over 2.5 goals wins easily can Paddy turn around and say oh sorry not paying you at that price as we made msitake pricing it up??

Take on the other hand if you were trading bets on the game and you wanted to get on Crawley to win this game -2 but Paddy only had this priced @ 1/25 offering you no value and chance to trade out of a position. Do you think they'd take responsibility for your losses??

It may be in their T & C but it is a shambles of a way to run what is reputed to be one of the best companies in Ireland.

It's not a shambles, and it's in the T&C of every bookies. It pretty obvious at what point they can declare an error in offering Palace + 1 at odds of 30/1 and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Is the general census that if your account in PP was put into a negative figure, you will have got away with the dosh?

Just forget the account and move to Ladbrokes or Bet365 (or go to PP in store)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,928 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hopefully you guys have no ante post bets with them either.

Why?

the only bet iv to is the

A di Natale @ 7/2
    Insurebet First Goalscorer
    Udinese v Arsenal

G Rossi @ 13/10
    Villarreal v Odense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Headshot wrote: »
    Why?

the only bet iv to is the

A di Natale @ 7/2
    Udinese v Arsenal

G Rossi @ 13/10
    Villarreal v Odense

You won't see any of the money from those if they win. Any with a negative balance won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bkelly86

would you guys take your account being suspended as a good or bad sign?

You won't see any of the money from those if they win. Any with a negative balance won't.

lol

grand by me

And with 3 mighty blows in the space of 30 minutes, my PP account drops from €899 to €29.87.

€29 on Palace +2 won me 0.87, a figure I'm sure they just pulled out of their arse in panic.

Should I bother complaining in Live Help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I have a feelin that if we get our hands on the money we will end up with a thread about it on what to do, if PP can do anything that is.
    I have no idea tbh

carlcon wrote: »
    And with 3 mighty blows in the space of 30 minutes, my PP account drops from €899 to €29.87.

€29 on Palace +2 won me 0.87, a figure I'm sure they just pulled out of their arse in panic.

Waste of time tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

In fairness the price on Palace +2 wouldn't be better than 1/16 at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

go for it........im seriously comtemplating it...........my acc is still suspended.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Oh, there goes my 2nd bet.

Negative balance of £73

Last bet is worth £101, no doubt it will be going soon enough.

go for it........im seriously comtemplating it...........my acc is still suspended.....

that's fair bad. A step way to far by pp

get on to live help and report back (copy and paste what they say)

Yeah it'll take them time to trawl thru all the bets, but they're getting there:mad:

In fairness the price on Palace +2 wouldn't be better than 1/16 at least.

Oh I don't doubt the odds would have been crap. My gripe is that these odds probably have been generated post-match, which just seems ridiculous.

I'm not expecting to ever see that €899 again, but I should get something, surely?

To beat the dead horse one more time... this was their mistake, not ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Anyone closing their a/c?

Guess I will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Annnnnnnnnd there it goes.

£-173.81

I won a grand total of 19p when all is said and done :D

colly_06 wrote: »
    Anyone closing their a/c?

Guess I will be.

If the lads get paid from withdrawal i'm not closing. If they don't get paid i'm out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

It's not a shambles, and it's in the T&C of every bookies. It pretty obvious at what point they can declare an error in offering Palace + 1 at odds of 30/1 and more.

Yes it's obvious it was an error in this case but what's the cut off for them declaring that they made an error and just didn't make a wrong call themselves.

Had they been offering 1/25 instead of 1/50 to try and entice more punters into something can they declare it as an error if they lose??

There is a grey area in the terms and conditions and they use it to suit themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

No point complaining on live help, Their not having any of it.

Advertisement